Recent content by locoliberty

1. L

Building a 10GB home network - switch advice

Hmmm part of me wants to take this as a grain of salt, but this isnt an amazon review, so I should probly take it more seriously. This sucks as those models are almost perfect for me.
  2. L

I could probly get away with Sophos home edition. Dont really want to give it more than 4 cores anyways, im not doing anything "fancy"
  3. L

On this *sense is because of a work, I can simply replace it after ive done the project. Are there other, possibly better, systems I could virtualize onto my server for my network?
  4. L

Ive thought of those, but ive got the budget for the -up so I figure why not
  5. L

I do need fairly silent/quiet operation as the server setup is just in the office area at home. That would be cool though
  6. L

Yea, i may easily switch to OPNsense. May fight the fight to not use more netgate gear but my co-worker doesnt listen, so ill have to setup with pfsense to present my learning and such to justify buying the gear.
  7. L

Hello! Been a long time reader, from time to time, of the main sites posts and videos along with various other places. Im excited to start a homelab 10GB LAN sponsored by work. The goal is 10GB Ethernet so devices have plenty of bandwidth to the server. The server you say, yes, well, its just a...