Recent content by lmm7425

1. L

Analysis paralysis: Help me pick out my first enterprise-grade drives for my homelab hypervisor

@T_Minus @Bjorn Smith - I don't know much about enterprise drives. Why the 4610 in particular over the others? Is it simply because big number = better? Does 144-layer NAND perform better in any way than 64-layer NAND, or am I splitting hairs? @amalurk - Yes, I didn't even get into eBay in my...
  2. L

Analysis paralysis: Help me pick out my first enterprise-grade drives for my homelab hypervisor

I currently run Proxmox on a DeskMini H470 with an i5-10400 and 64GB DDR4 (non-ECC). I have about a dozen VMs/CTs running, with one of the VMs running about 25 Docker containers. The Proxmox box hovers around 5% CPU usage and 60% RAM usage. Proxmox is installed on a Samsung 970 Pro 512GB NVMe...
  3. L

TinyMiniMicro - Dell Precision 3240 Compact Workstation

I'm considering buying one of these for my Proxmox homelab. https://www.dell.com/en-us/work/shop/desktops-all-in-one-pcs/precision-3240-compact-workstation/spd/precision-3240-workstation The main thing I'm looking for is ECC memory, and these offer ECC support with Xeon CPUs: Intel Xeon W-1250...
  4. L

Looking for a latest-gen Tiny/Mini/Micro Proxmox host. Any differences between Lenovo/HP/Dell or go with DeskMini??

Ya I saw the new 11th Gen NUC and was tempted. I really like the one I have now, but the fan is so loud since it's so small. I'm leaning away from them hoping that the Tiny/Mini/Micro nodes or DeskMini have larger (and quieter) fans, but if nothing else works out, I'll go with the new NUC.
  5. L

Looking for a latest-gen Tiny/Mini/Micro Proxmox host. Any differences between Lenovo/HP/Dell or go with DeskMini??

As the title says, I'm looking for a new Proxmox host that is Tiny/Mini/Micro. I currently have a NUC7i3BNH that is 2c/4t with 32GB RAM. I run 10+ VMs and 25+ containers and now need something with more cores, more RAM, and better cooling. Requirements: Very small form-factor (will be in...