Recent content by ljhwild

1. L

HP Reliant DL360p G7 - I'm building my first server and it's so different than building a PC :O [HELP!]

Sorry for multipost, but the multiquote doesn't seem to work for me. I'm fine with the noise and high power consumption. I have unlimited free green energy here so that won't be an issue. The noise also won't be a problem. My room is next to the night club and my fridge sounds like a tank going...
  2. L

HP Reliant DL360p G7 - I'm building my first server and it's so different than building a PC :O [HELP!]

First of all, thanks all of you for the information and effort. I really appreciate the time and expertise you've put forward. I haven't seen any options like that :O the cheapest premades I found with this set up are way more than 200 bucks, while the total price for parts I found second-hand...
  3. L

Hi, I watched a bunch of videos on YT how to get an old enterprise server and make it work as home media device or a home server, the things are pretty cheap, but I'm also a pretty poor student, so I'd rather not experiment with parts that might not work. I'm planning to go with DebianEdu or...