Recent content by Lix

1. L

Proxmox VM - ZFS replication size

Cool, I would like to try a NFS server in a VM at 10-20TB. So asking you guys before rolling it out first. Low changerate in the VM in question.
  2. L

Proxmox VM - ZFS replication size

Hi What is the biggest VM anyone here has an active replication job running on? Looking for: - Size of the VM - Type of hardware - Type of ZFS pool config - Sync interval Thanks in advance :)
  3. L

AsrockRack x570d4i-2T

I think they updated the page, 128GB ram now.
  4. L

FS: Supermicro 6028TR-DTR x10 2 Node Servers

Thx for your reply, you gave me something to think about :)
  5. L

FS: Supermicro 6028TR-DTR x10 2 Node Servers

How loud is this thing?
  6. L

Remote Desktop Session Hosts

That is correct.
  7. L

The RDS UsrCALs are 50 ish $/year a pice. Each user also has an Office E3+Windows CAL. I am not an expert in MS licensing, but this was sold to us by an official MS-partner.
  8. L

I have been running RDS on Windows 2012 R2 since it came out, it works fine. Citrix is a smoother ride I am guessing, but RDS works for the legacy apps we use and RDS desktops. You manage the solution via the Server Manager, not sure if it is supported via the new web manager. It was a fairly...
  9. L

Are you doing vdi or rds?
  10. L

I gave up or "The history of my new ZFS filer"

Great read, thanks for posting.
  11. L

Private Cloud Control

https://xen-orchestra.com/ One can check if this ticks enough boxes. Management for xcp-ng. Better then KVM? I like and use KVM in production, but this is on the table as a possible replacement when the time comes for a refurb. XCP works great in my Nuc lab.
  12. L

Private Cloud Control

XCP-ng - XenServer Based, Community Powered This is an option as well.
  13. L

1U, Short Depth, Drive Enclosure

I have this case: SilverStone Technology Co., Ltd.- RS831S It is a bit expensive and the fans do not move a lot of air... They can be replaced.
  14. L

Datto Xeon D 1541 board -- $501.15 shipped + 6/8% ebay bucks for some

Seller told me it is included. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk