@drabadue : vey nice job!
also this mobo could be interesting for workstation needs:
Fujitsu D3118-A12 GS 2 Mainboard NEU für Celsius R920 D3118
the main 16pin power connector is not an issue , and the 2 12pin connectors seem to be 6 12V+ and ground in line (except for the yellow/black cable I...
some updates from my system, talking about performance using Performance Test 9.0 from passmark.com:
- the x2 E5-2640 perform very well with 64gb of ram in terms of CPU MARK as you can see from below screenshot
- the problem is the 2d/3d graphic performances which are a lot less than...
@thomasz and @drabadue and @Silvio are you using the add-on graphic (HD 5450, GTX980TI, RX570 respectively if I well understood) card with the onboard disabled? which bios version are you using? thanks
My results with bios 2.7.1 are:
NVIDIA NVS290 and QUADRO 6000 working also with vga onboard...
@thomasz thanks again, I have tried the PCI1 slot enabled without oprom, with WIN7 I could boot with VGA onboard and install the GTX980TI drivers perfectly but without video output on any ports!
then I have installed WIN10 with VGA onboard and GTX980ti on slot1: installed nvidia drivers and then...
just my quick update:
- with the HDD interposer card I was able to boot with sata HD (powered the card with 5V!), using the ports on the card itself (NOT the sata ports on the mobo)
- ok WIN7 64bit pro installation with 2 XEON E5 2640 2,5ghz and 64GB RAM
- tested ok with a NVIDIA QUADRO NVS290...
@thomasz : I have just put normal 12V in the 12Vsb pin power connector (waiting for the step-up dc-dc board)
I have not yet understood if my board (DP/N 0W6W6G) is a c8220 or a c6220 one, the bios/boot says "poweredge C6220"...
does anyone tested additional sata/sas pci-e card working?
just a quick update from my side:
- I have connected the c8220 MOBO to the atx power supply as indicated in this thread, for the moment without the 12 Vsb
- ok the boot, with cpu and ram well recognised (the boot says poweredge c6220 system bios 1.1.19)
- as drabadue no sata...
Very nice job Thomasz!
I have ordered from eyeboot the power cable adapter, but I have not received it, so I am thinking to make my own connection, from atx power supply to the 18 pin connector, if I well understood (except for 12Vsb pin) they are 1 row ground and 1 row 12V, so it is not so...
@drabadue: on the board I have the DP/N 0W6W6G
the strange thing is that in the tech manual of c6220II there is a board picture without rear sata slots, and a drawing with them!
there is a comparison table where the c6220 has pcie gen2 slots and c622oII in comparison has gen3 for all slots