Recent content by LilTrublMakr

1. L

Rackmount NAS Build Sanity Check

Rosewill case, TC-RAIL-26 rails, and the RM750x power supply have been ordered. Now the only thing left are the drives... Those are going to hurt...
  2. L

[FS][US-CA] Clearing out new & used Supermicro 1U systems, ships worldwide

Very happy with a purchase from @zac1. They happily answered all of my questions, put up with my lame jokes, fired jokes right back at me, and helped with a little troubleshooting. Contents were well packaged and arrived without damage. Everything looks new (some even was new) and at a really...
  3. L

I am currently running 9 JBOD, 1 of which is an SSD and the rest are spinning. I have 31TB of storage of which about 21TB used. If the datasheet below is anything to go by, it's not really a myth. Albeit it is not nearly as much as I believed. I thought SAS used 50-100% more power over SATA...
  4. L

rskoss mentioned the same thing about the rails. I will definitely be going that route. I can get those cheaper as well as an added bonus! (for future reference: Rack Mounting the Rosewill RSV-L4500) SAS is still a little too expensive for me. I know they are better long term, but I don't...
  5. L

I am down to the Rosewill RSV-L4412U and the Sliger CX712 and leaning towards the Sliger for future expansion possibilities. Based on this video, it looks to me that the Sliger has basically straight SATA passthrough meaning I wouldn't have to deal with any MicroSAS to SATA connectors which...
  6. L

Price range is hopefully ~$500ish for the chassis, rails, cables, and power supply. Going to be tight though... The Sliger 4712 looks like it will suit me well. Gives me room for expansion later. Not a huge fan that it doesn't have drive sleds but the drives should work the same. Rosewill...
  7. L

United States. I am not completely opposed to Chinese sellers, I just find that product and support is very sub-par. I will definitely look up some HP/Dell part numbers though. That is a good idea. Is there a reason for this? I am taking a look at Supermicro now and even the ones with reverse...
  8. L

Already purchased: MoBo: E3C246D4U2-2T CPU: Intel Xeon E-2226G RAM: 64GB (4x16GB) 2666 ECC UDIMM Still need to source: PSU, haven't even started on this one yet. I gotta nail down the case first. Case: I am thinking about using the Silverstone RM22-308 2U Rack Mount Chassis. If there is a...
  9. L

[FS][US-CA] Clearing out new & used Supermicro 1U systems, ships worldwide

Would love to pick your brain about a combo but I am unable to PM you. Can you please shoot me a message? @zac1
  10. L

Suggestions for Mini ITX/Micro ATX rackmount chassis?

Hello all, I looking to move away from my R720XD that is pulling ~190W of power at idle. It currently runs UNRAID that is running Docker containers which I am slowly porting over to Proxmox LXC containers and as a NAS with 8 JBOD. I am looking to replace it with a Topton N5105 mainboard and...