Recent content by kuleinc

1. K

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I have a 6610 switch and I didn't see anywhere if it was a bad idea to just enable POE on all the 1GB ports? for convenience... I think power draw only goes up if you are actually using the POE on a port right? Theres no chance the POE will fry any fairly recent hardware plugged into the switch...
  2. K

I was able to get the 80meter adapters to work over cat 5e at 10gb speed. I just got the cheapest 80 meter modules for sfp rj45 I could find on amazon that listed multiple speed auto negotiation, worked right away at 10gb when I plugged them into the brocade and a mikrotik 305. The mikrotik...
  3. K

I was able to fix my problem with some SFP+ adapters for RJ45 that are rated at 80 meters, the ones I had were 30 meter units, which should work for the distance, but didn't.
  4. K

Alright. Its been a hella long time since I took cisco classes in college. I did however manage to follow and get through the setup guide, very well done, thank you so much. This 24Port POE 6610 switch would have been a $160 brick without your help. That being said I have an edge router...