Recent content by kruuth

1. K

LSI RAID Controller and HBA Complete Listing Plus OEM Models

Hey there everybody. Please excuse me if this isn't the right thread, but I think I need to upgrade or replace my Supermicro AOC-SAS2LP-H8iR. I've been happy with it but alas driver issues have begun causing me some issues. I'd like to know what a good successor to this card would be. If...
  2. K

Supermicro AOC-SAS2LP-H8iR Stopped working overnight

OK...used the official driver from SuperMicro....now Avago starts up but according to the controller there are no drives connected.....the bios says that they are there however. Also in the server profile it's telling me that the application version is null and the FW version is null. I'm...
  3. K

OK, well updating the driver just got me back to the IRQ driver error that I had before.
  4. K

Ok well I was able to secure a copy of Win10 and it showed the drive until I restarted and it connected to the internet. The drive showed and now it's not. Now there's this "The driver detected a controller error on \Device\RaidPort0" and I can't connect to the card in Avago. Going to update...
  5. K

Dang those 3108 cards aren't cheap are they? I'm looking around on eBay and they're clocking in at half a grand for the Dell ones. What about the 3008 based controllers?
  6. K

Ok I can try upgrading to Windows 10 first thing
  7. K

What is the latest one? I don't mind replacing the card with something better. I'd prefer this not happen for at least another five years
  8. K

Or maybe this card: https://www.newegg.com/lsi-9300-8i-sata-sas/p/N82E16816118217
  9. K

Ok well if not--is there something newer I could use? I don't mind backing everything up to some other stuff--I'm using only about 4tb of a 15tb array. I'd prefer not to have to scrap everything here.
  10. K

Trying now. Just in case--is there something newer, like 2019-2021 that would work for me here? I am able to get access just fine in safe mode BTW. I'm wondering if there is some sort of registry entry I could set some place that would have it ignore this.
  11. K

No dice on that. Just tried it--tells me that it's the same FW.
  12. K

What about Broadcom directly--This link: Finding the latest software for your controller Is this card the 9260-8i?
  13. K

OK, I completely removed Avago--same exact issue. The FW in the provided link is the same 12.15.0-0239 that I had initially. I put that back. Now it is back to the June 17, 2014 FW. Is there a particular link that is in that provided URL that I should use or just the one marked...
  14. K

Ok well not sure what's happening but it works then the drive vanishes, with the same firmware warning