Recent content by Krusher

1. K

Samsung PM1735 - No drivers, no firmware found anywhere?

I am just curious now, did you try the linux mkfs command on /dev/nvme0 or another tool like gparted to see if the SSD shows up? It seems like that in any modern linux kernel that the OS should recognize the SSD. What you're trying to do appears like you're 'forcing' it into the system so to...
  2. K

Ok I'm back in. I haven't had to use the Linux command nvme before myself so take this FWIW. :) It looks like the error is in field 2, i.e. -f 2. The man page for that says -f is the block size. Wouldn't that be 512, 1024, 4096, etc? I've just used mkfs then mounted it through fstab. But...
  3. K

Supermicro H12SSL boards listed on website

I started looking around for a new Supermicro motherboard that could be Zen3 compatible, found this one, and somehow ended up here. :) From what I've seen, they are online as "special order" in the $400 range. Not sure how long that means however. I'll wait a bit and see what happens with...
  4. K

Ok thanks I'm not imagining things then :). And good to hear about Supermicro; I've built other systems with them in the past. Another story, but I had one of their servers give me grief at first working really well in the end. I also thought about it a bit, and to anyone looking at my 4K...
  5. K

@Dreece, I received your email 9 minutes after my prior posting but I don't see it in the forum here ~2hr later. Thanks for the info re Samsung Enterprise. I think this means I should stick with server motherboard brands (i.e. Dell, Supermicro) vs. consumer motherboards (Asus, Gigabyte...
  6. K

The good news is that my old low power dual-core, 4-thread Supermicro MIni-ITX w/ 16GB of ECC RAM actually did reboot a few times then came up with the PM1735 working. My old quad-core, 8-thread Gigabyte motherboard w/ 32GB of standard RAM didn't. I verified in two places (Samsung Magician and...
  7. K

So I finally did get someone. The PM1735 is supposed to be bootable in a PCIe 3.0 interface. We talked a bit and I'm going to try the SSD in my Supermicro server and see whether it works. Yes, my motherboard needs to be upgraded. No, the drive needs to be RMA'd. To be continued...
  8. K

Hello; I just joined and found this posting. Has anyone found a good phone # for Samsung tech support on the PM1735? After 6 different phone numbers I am waiting on a callback as my PC (PCIE 3.0x8) goes into a continuous boot loop with BIOS error code 51 with the same card as the OP above. I...