Recent content by KPP

1. K

SuperMicro board not reporting all fans

So, I performed the BMC firmware upgrade but the file turned to be an older version 3.03. Anyway I used that as an opportunity to completely clear all settings. Update succeeded, but still no FAN 6 reported. I then upgraded back to version 3.05 I had previously, again clearing out all...
  2. K

Hi, Thanks for the file. Appreciate it. Checking these motherboards specs I can see both (yours X8DTE-F and mine X8DTH-IF) have the same IPMI hardware: Winbond® WPCM450 BMC (as per respective links: Super Micro Computer, Inc. - Products | Motherboards | Xeon Boards | X8DT6 / X8DT6-F / X8DTE /...
  3. K

I think, I saw all fans reported in BIOS when I put all together for the first time some year ago. I wasn't checking them on a regular basis but recently discovered this weird issue. Meanwhile I have updated BIOS, BMC firmware, etc. so maybe something screw it and I simply didn't notice...
  4. K

Hi, Thanks for quick response. Yes, I tried it all. Have latest BIOS and latest BMC firmware. Reset BIOS and BMC settings to default. Restarted BMC from the console, powered server off and on, used IPMIUTIL to modify fan thresholds. Still the same - no readings on FAN5 when both FAN5 and FAN6...
  5. K

I have SuperMicro X8DTH-IF motherboard with 2x Intel Xeon X5670 and 192GB RAM. It's in the Norco RPC4224 case. There are 3x 120mm Noctua Industrial fans for the HDD backplane connected to FAN1-3 connectors, one chipset fan connected to FAN4 (Noctua 60mm), CPU fans connected to FAN7-8 (Noctua...
  6. K

An attempt to improve Dell poweredge 2900 (rack) with lga 2011v3 mainboard

Check this site: Handbook of hardware schemes, cables layouts and connectors pinouts diagrams @ pinoutguide.com They have tons of information, schematics and pin layouts for various hardware.