Recent content by Kosti

1. K

Another Noob Questions - Esxi-Omni-Nappit

I don't want to use my 4TB drives to store VM's this 4TB drive is for storage / backup and when i get funds will increase this size to as much as I can when i can so I have my local Vmfs DS on the 80GB ssd and I have the storage cache on the remaining space of the Nappit install about 43GB is...
  2. K

Yep, don't that last night! Now just trying to go through the basic steps to setup mail, jobs etc, some are a little confusing as I am not sure where the ntp time setting is and or why it doesn't grab it from ESXI settings also is there a way to make the IP static? Currently my ISP has port...
  3. K

Well Color me RED! FFS - I didn't realise that i needed to add the LSI as a PCI controller!! as from the VM since I saw the LSI already in there I figured that it was installed???? So I add in a new PCI, pick the LSI and I see my two drives - phew!! Bloody hell!!! OK please tell me this...
  4. K

@gea So here is a fresh install of 5.5u2 - nothing connected to the Marvell and only using the Intel SATA onboard - this is where the Datastore is and where the CDROM is connected too as well as the 2 other SSD 120GB drives What am I doing wrong as I cannot see anything no drives and nothing...
  5. K

Thanks gea, I know what you are saying however I wonder how difficult it is to fix the actual issue I am having, as it appears and as I previously noted by turning off VT-D the controller is fully functional and it can detect the drives that are attached to the Marvell Controller in ESXI...
  6. K

I just tried XenServer and can see the LSI and attached drives without any config just worked out of the box the Marvell was not seen :( What I will try next is download the image of omni and install it without using the OVF template
  7. K

Cmon gea, you need to stop using compatibility as a symptom for every hurdle I come across and from my previous comments and you will read that I am using new bios tried other things and yes I accept that Solaris doesn't support Marvell, but every hurdle is not HCL related and maybe just a...
  8. K

This is already done and previously mentioned sitting on the Intel onboard controller via the 80GB X.25 SSD drive Followed the guide and LSI is already in passthrough - Not seen by OmniOS or Nappit IBM M1015 is in IT mode with FW P19 as I flashed this after I repaired the card although I have...
  9. K

Is Nappit supposed to see the LSI card if its in passthrough? I do not see the attached 4TB drvies attached, do i need to configure anything else in the VM profile In nappit Ive gone to drive and initialise but nothing found. Im sure its something I've missed or done, but if I take it out of...
  10. K

I would like to get this working and appreciate those who want and can possible assist to please chime in. Perhaps what I should use or how I should use it or critiquing my setup best be left for when its resolved Thank you
  11. K

nappit will not load when I add the PCI marvell controller and its in passthrough mode? Nappit hangs and CPU utilisation is max it is possible to add support to it via the linux fixes into omniOS @Deci the LSI is used for the ZFS storage and will carry the 4TB drives in the pool the Marvel...
  12. K

Clearly its ESXI! downgraded to 5.1 and WOW look its supported and detected now to figure out how to get it working under 5.5 & 6 ~ # lspci -v | grep "Class 0106" -B 1 00:00:1f.2 SATA controller Mass storage controller: Intel Corporation ICH10 6 port SATA AHCI Controller [vmhba0]...
  13. K

Funny, there appears to be some support for "linux" "FreeNAS" and from what I've read "illumos" and even "unRaid"!!! just nothing for ESXI or vmware - YES VMWARE hates Marvel, LOL they just don't get along sadly I maybe should have just gone with a different approach, but I am committed to use...
  14. K

Fair enough, i was hoping for some assistance to figure out the marvel issue, so I guess i'll scrap this esxi/nappit ZFS and just use MS server and be done with it I should just piss this all off to ebay and buy a shitty qnap NAS and just not worry about asking any more help
  15. K

This Marvell 88SE9123 for esx 5.5 is doing my bloody head in - why is this so hard - even if I passthrough as PCI to nappit it doesn't load up or boot fails to start VM. I've read a ton of info and heaps of people have this issue, YES I know it's old tech but it seems one particular thread...