Recent content by konkhra

1. K

How to remotely access the IPMI interface ?

The service I am going to pay is for 1U rack space. I do not know if they are going to allow me any extra network device like a switch or firewall. :(
  2. K

For sure. But what would be the options here?
  3. K

Given the following scenario: - 1u server co-located in a datacenter and the ISP is giving me only one public IP address. The IP is going to be used obviously for services like http, mysql etc. Now the question I am asking myself: How am I going to access the IPMI interface remotely through...
  4. K

SAS cable for X10SRH-CLN4F motherboard with BPN-SAS-815TQ backplane

I found the answer for my question. This thread can be marked as solved.
  5. K

Advice on buying refurbished/used HHHL PCIe SSD drive

HGST is a defunct company. HGST drives are no longer produced. If you take a look at the PCIe you bought from that seller you'll see DOM like 2015, 2016, 2017. I don't know how they ended up with that stock in 2020-2021. I asked him where they got but he didn't told me. It can be chances those...
  6. K

SAS cable for X10SRH-CLN4F motherboard with BPN-SAS-815TQ backplane

I have a Supermicro 1U Server with a X10SRH-CLN4F motherboard and a BPN-SAS-815TQ backplane. For the moment I am using SATA drives connected with SATA cables. Because my motherboard has a built-in SAS3 controller I want to replace my existent SATA drives with SAS drives but I do not know what...
  7. K

I haven't been able to buy the SSD from that seller because they ran out of stock. What I've noticed is that his sales started to grow up pretty fast for that specific SSD while we were talking about it here . Probably you bought all of them :)))). When I started the thread (11th of February)...
  8. K

I asked the seller for the S.M.A.R.T test for that specific NVMe drive and bellow is the log he sent to me: Interface . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : NVMe Disk Controller . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Standard NVM Express Controller (PCI\CC_010802&DT_0) [VEN: 1C58, DEV: 0003]...
  9. K

Thank you so much for your advice. I just checked on eBay. The description says 0 hours but to be honest you do not know whom to trust nowadays. I can hardly believe that HGST HHHL could have 0 hours on it at that price. It should be listed for at least $400. I saw a seller "netcna" selling the...
  10. K

I was thinking about Micron too but looking for more options I came up to this website https://centralvalleycomputerparts.com/hgst-ultrastar-sn150-1-6tb-pci-express-3-0-x4-full-profile/ . My assumption would be that the drive is used at $199. Probably is that cheap also because these old HHHL...
  11. K

I am interested to buy an HHHL PCIe SSD drive for my 1U server and I saw deals at around $200 for 1.6TB on auctions websites. I am tempted to buy one of these but I do not know how reliable they are especially if they were used in a datacenter 24/7. Is it safe to buy these type of SSD's? Can...
  12. K

Flashing SAS3008 controller on a Supermicro X10SRH-CLN4F

Hey everybody. I am interested to know if it's safe to flash the SAS3008 Controller on a X10SRH-CLN4F motherboard following this tutorial? https://www.servethehome.com/flash-lsi-sas-3008-hba-e-g-ibm-m1215-mode/ I am planning to use ZFS and want to save some cash and the one and only pcie slot...