Recent content by Kizune

1. K

ES Xeon Discussion

I don’t get it. Where’s mining’s favorite x1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1? :)
  2. K

ASUS Pro WS W790E-SAGE SE + Intel Xeon Sapphire Rapids SP ES = works it

I’m not doing anything special, just set the memory speed in bios. Not playing with the voltages or timings. Maybe you need to try different versions of bios. I remember on some versions the memory overclock was not working in exactly the same way - system was ignoring the settings I made and...
  3. K

The stuff hwinfo64 reports is weird. I mean - for some reason it counts memory reference clock as 50 instead of 100. So, yeah, super-strange.
  4. K

ES Xeon Discussion

My score on 8641v on W11 and Supermicro board was closer to 58k. That’s one of the screenshots I still have.
  5. K

ASROCK RACK SPC741D16X-2T no post code ff problem

That is the strangest looking CPU I ever seen. Starting with the fact that it does not have a logo. On D stepping Xeons Intel used an old round logo that looked like this: On E stepping and retail chips Intel uses a new square logo that looks like this: Your chip has no logo at all. Plus it...
  6. K

ASROCK RACK SPC741D16X-2T no post code ff problem

Can you please post the photo of the CPU headspreader? I wonder what stepping is this ES.
  7. K

ES Xeon Discussion

It is empty right now. Buying stuff testing it and selling was just a hobby, I am not an entrepreneur. And after latest tax changes any sell of any item that costs over $600 will make me to pay a lot of taxes unless I literally start tracking what I bought for what price, did I get any profit...
  8. K

There’s a nev BIOS - 1202 available on the Asus website. Do not upgrade - that bios has most of the overclock functionality disabled, including manual memory speed and bcklk settings. Had to revert to 0805 to get them back working. Just a PSA from a guy that does risky shtuff so you do not have to.
  9. K

ES Xeon Discussion

Asus W790 motherboards built to withstand much more than 350W - I mean they are made for overclockable Xeon W CPUs and has durability to unlock their potentials under liquid nitrogen cooling. Both ACE and SAGE variants have a second set of power connectors to accommodate hooking up two power...
  10. K

ES Xeon Discussion

I do not have any SM boards of that generation. Being an ASRock fanboy the only reason for me having any SM boards was that 4th gen ASRock board was delayed so I had to buy SM X13 to test my processors :) And even that board is gone now - I’m switching to ASRock soon so I gave my SM setup for my...
  11. K

ES Xeon Discussion

I confirm. ASRock Rack SPC621D8-2L2T with latest BIOS, Xeon W-3375 QS (QXZL) works perfectly fine.
  12. K

GIGABYTE MZ31-AR0 REV 1.1 with Epyc Rome / Milan

Ouch. I don’t even think I have any Naples based processors left in my collection. Is this an issue with Gigabyte boards or is it a generic AMD issue that BIOS can serve only one generation of Epycs?
  13. K

GIGABYTE MZ31-AR0 REV 1.1 with Epyc Rome / Milan

Does your system post? If it does just use ipmitool to locally reset password - I had an Linux usb flash drive with ipmitool installed just for that purpose - to reset admin password on ipmi of my servers when needed.
  14. K

In 3DMark the Time Spy and Time Spy Extreme are pretty old benchmarks and they are known to misbehave on processors with large number of threads. Here are two comparison of two runs i done (QYFS, Asus ACE board, latest BIOS, RFTX 3090, both were made on the same system 3 minutes after Windows 11...
  15. K

ES Xeon Discussion

That plus i really have a problem with the umbrella term "memory overclocking". There are two things that can be called "memory overclocking": 1. Making memory run at the speed greater that stated at the memory specification (JEDEC spec or POR) 2. Making memory controller operate at the speed...