Recent content by kgcdctx

1. K

8x 4090 motherboard recommendations

Where do you all buy dual slot 4090s? I can’t find them anywhere.
  2. K

L40S vs RTX 6000 ADA - for LLMs

Or you can implement simple job scheduling and finetune on customer data during off-peak. Keep GPUs earning $ and enjoy a cost-of-money capital base instead of paying hyperscalers.
  3. K

L40S vs RTX 6000 ADA - for LLMs

We (stardog.ai) use both but L40S for production and 6000 Ada for developers. But for our workload GH200 is 5x better than L40s for $ per 1k tokens per second. That’s on unoptimized inference stack so I expect that to creep up to 6 or even 7x better. YMMV.
  4. K

How to cable CX7 (OSFP) to Mellanox MSN4600 QSFP28

Got new GH200 with CX7 in a rack with an older switch temporarily. But I can’t figure out how to cable this… I can’t find an OSFP to 4-port QSFP28 breakout except one for an absurd $2500. I need 1.5m and passive/DAC etc. Help?
  5. K

Can't decide on a TRX50 board

I really like Asrock. And I don’t see many 22110s around so I can live with that. How is BIOS?
  6. K

BMC Header?

Not sure how I forgot about Paul. Perfect. What’s the sanest way to create more PWM headers?
  7. K

BMC Header?

I’ve been building GPU workstations for my AI developers and using Tailscale to form an R&D mesh. Good times! Most of these systems have BMC headers and I realized having IPMI/BMC/Redfish could be very useful. I can’t to save my life find an expansion card or chip to add to these systems...