Recent content by KFJ

1. K

Help! Added drives to R720xd/H710 mini but OS cannot mount them

Last night I had the brilliant idea of adding some nearly full 3.5" drives to my R720xd/H710 mini. I hit CTRL+R after boot screen, added the Virtual Disks one at a time as single RAID 0 VDs. I did not check the initialize box as these drives already have data on them. I installed Debian 10 on...
  2. K

[Solved] Brocade ICX6610-48P PoE Errors

Exactly. Thanks @fohdeesha. That is the RAM near the middle of your pic. I had noticed the DRAM wasn't seated properly because the latch that is supposed to hold the DIMM in place was not in the correct position and one side of the DIMM was showing like 1/16th of an inch more pins. Simply...
  3. K

PIR: Replacing the PoE board resolved the PoE errors experienced with the original PoE board (see attached). The issue with the switch not booting with the new board (or any board or no board) was due to the DRAM module not being fully seated, likely caused by OP when removing the connector...
  4. K

Yes, in the attached image it shows 'Interrupted by pressing b'. Prior to installing the 'new' board the switch would boot per usual (without pressing 'b') but throw a loop of PoE errors (every 1 to 10 seconds) and I could press 'b' and enter the boot prompt (at startup only of course). I...
  5. K

I shutdown the switch, and removed the 'new' PoE board. Same issue as before - console won't load past "Enter 'b'" or "Interrupted by entering 'b'" I let it each attempt (not pressing b and pressing b) run for 20 minutes - no change just fan at full blast. I then shutdown the switch and...
  6. K

Hold my beer...
  7. K

Thanks boredSysadmin. Yes, I did update the switch, including the PoE firmware using @Fodeesha's docs. However, there was a blown transistor on the original PoE board and an IC with a burn hole in it (not me, bought used). Surprisingly, the switch was functional and I was able to run commands...
  8. K

I bought a used ICX-6610 from eBay but it turns out the PoE board was shot (had a hole in an IC and a blown transistor on the PoE board). Despite this, I was able to update the firmware and image and PoE firmware but the error persisted and of course the error blocked the output of commands...
  9. K

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

OOF! I bought a used ICX-6610 from eBay but it turns out the PoE board was shot (had a hole in an IC and a blown transistor on the PoE board). I was able to update the firmware and image and PoE firmware but the error persisted and of course the error blocked the output of commands like 'show...
  10. K

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I recently purchased a used ICX6610-48P-PE with the PREM and 10G licences. If I update the firmware to latest, will the licences still be valid/unaffected? Do I need to back up the licences prior to updating the firmware?