Recent content by Kelvarr

1. K

Riverbed CX-770 $30BO

Is anyone interested in a CX-570? I bought one for this project, and ended up going a different direction.
  2. K

[WTB] Supermicro 4U fan walls

I have a fanwall from a 846, no screws though. It does have the fan brackets, though, and fans (if you want them).
  3. K

Lenovo Thinkcentre/ThinkStation Tiny (Project TinyMiniMicro) Reference Thread

Does anyone know if the 910x, which has a PCIe slot, will work with the 2 or 4 port NICs? I've seen some references that it only works with GPUs.
  4. K

US - STH Perpetual Freebies Thread

If you still have those, I'll take them.
  5. K

At the risk of being dumb, can these be used in non-hp systems?
  6. K

Apologies. I forgot to update my post. Someone did take it, so you have one less mouth to feed
  7. K

Free to whomever wants it, just pay shipping: Dual Opteron (I have long since forgotten which ones) 48GB DDR2 Supermicro H8DME-2-BL002 rev 2.01a 3x Supero SAT2-MV8 rev 3.00 PCI-X cards Given away!
  8. K

AMD EPYC 7302p+ Supermicro H11SSL-i version 2

I was all set on a H11SSL (swearing in my head that it was PCIe 4.0), but it looks like I'd have to go for a H12SSL if I want that. Thanks for pointing out that Tyan S8030. I may go that route now. It's going in a CSE-846, so I'll have to buy the front panel adapter if I go that route. I...
  9. K

Inspur-branded LSI9300-8i for $50

Does yours have a LSI logo anywhere? I saw these, but was concerned about counterfeit.
  10. K

I'll report back with specifics, but I was wondering if anyone might be interested in a Dual Opteron + Mobo + DDR2 + PCI-X SATA cards? I don't know models just yet, but I'm hopefully going to liberate the hardware from the chassis this weekend, and I can get specs. I don't imagine it's worth...
  11. K

Am I reading this right?

I am in the process of building a storage array, using a Supermicro 846 chassis. Now...I don't know if I ever really intend to fully fill this beast of a case, but it was free to me, so I'm utilizing it. My last piece(s) I need are HBA's. I did some quick napkin math, and wanted to see if I am...
  12. K

WD HE12 SAS Drive Not Recognized in LSI2308

I did not know about this. Seems like the easiest route. Thanks for the suggestion and insight!
  13. K

WD HE12 SAS Drive Not Recognized in LSI2308

Thanks! Good to know. I am considering this drive. I assume you could also pry the pin up, or cut the trace on the board also (although this would invalidate any warranty, whereas kapton tape would not)? Although I wonder if I would even have to deal with this? I have a Supermicro 846 TQ...
  14. K

Riverbed CX-770 $30BO

So are the fans intake or exhaust? I just got a 570, and I plan on printing your shroud.
  15. K

Lenovo ThinkCentre M920q with Intel X550-T2 (FRU 00MM860) made practical with 3D Printed Bracket

I thought the 920q only has a single NVME M.2 slot? The p330(?) are the ones with 2. Or a 920x.