Recent content by KC8FLB

1. K

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I have a 6450-48p with a bad power supply (verified by swapping with known good power supply) Are there replacements available at a reasonable cost? My google-fu not producing results today. Thank you.
  2. K

32 in 4K VA monitor for $290

i use this television as a 4K monitor all day long with great results. Both my dell precision m7710 (quadro m3000m) and my personal desktop (980gtx) have hdmi 2.0 outputs. Screen is perfect size on my desk. It is equivalent dimensionally and in resolution to four 22” 1080p monitors glued together.
  3. K

32 in 4K VA monitor for $290

TCL 43s425 is the hidden gem of televisions that can be used as monitors. 43” 4K HDR10 $218 @ SAMs club/Walmart/Best Buy. will display 4K @ 60hz @ 4:4:4 chroma giving you crisp and readable text. Love mine.
  4. K

Newegg Easyshucks 10TB $165

Lately I have been filling the media server with 10tb hgst 4kn 7200rpm sas3 drives for ~$145 each from eBay listings.i was filling them with easy store drives in the past but the sales have been few and far between over the last year or so
  5. K

Potential deal: $150 Sandisk CloudSpeed Eco Gen II 1.7TB SATA 6Gb/s 2.5" SSD

Thank you. Have one on the way for my main dell T3610 workstation.
  6. K

Supermicro X10SRH-CF

i put an offer on for $140, got countered for $157 plus $23 shipping, I declined and will wait a bit to see what else comes on the market. Still running dual 2670 v1 and 256gb ddr3 For now.
  7. K

Lenovo M83 tiny i5-4590T 8g 500gb $124.50(buyer offer can be lower)

if you are using as plex server, I would recommend skipping this as the intel processor is too old. Get something with a coffee lake or newer (intel 8th generation + cpu) with much better quick sync capability for amazing transcoding performance while being extremely power efficient. Quick sync...
  8. K

Lenovo M83 tiny i5-4590T 8g 500gb $124.50(buyer offer can be lower)

I bought one of these a few years back as a primary surfing machine for my wife. They sell vesa Mount for it and I mounted it to to back of her 27” monitor. Wireless keyboards and mouse turn it into a very cable free clean machine that she loves. Works great.
  9. K

HP T730: $129.40 (shipped)

Looks like not in stock right now from The main liquidation seller but the listings pop up every once in awhile for $119 with a coupon code that usually brings it down between $100 and $110. eBay tried to get me to buy another just a few days ago so check periodically. They have sold thousands...
  10. K

HP T730: $129.40 (shipped)

I missed the original deals on the 730’s and kinda gave up on them. I recently found that that there were multiple vendors liquidating hp 290 sff desktops for ~$100. These are brand new and come with dual core 8th gen coffee lake (quick sync and aes-ni) 4gb ddr4, 500gb spinner, and win 10 home...
  11. K

Max drive size for flashed Dell H310 HBA?

EDIT: I was worried that I had a problem with my 10GB 4Kn drive on my 2008 based controller, but everything is working fine. My machine cleared/formatted and now is successfully using this drive in my Unraid array on my with a Dell H310 HBA flashed to IT mode (LSI SAS2008)...
  12. K

BestBuy - 12TB Easystore USB HDD - $180

Apologies, I may have been mistaken. I have shucked many of these drives for the last few years, been reading multiple forums where members shuck many of these drives and after reading hundreds of comments and threads over the last few years, have never seen anyone report that they have received...
  13. K

BestBuy - 12TB Easystore USB HDD - $180

no, nobody is reporting shingled drives in Best Buy/WD Easy store devices. The large seagate external drives are shingled.
  14. K

I messaged the seller and they said they had another that they were going to just ship to me. Hopefully they will pack it with bubble wrap this time. It literally came with a cardboard cover, no packing material at all. I am guessing it was maybe damaged in transit. I even opened it up, blew out...
  15. K

I have had 6450-24's since the beginning of this thread and they have been working great. I am now starting down the path of IP PoE cameras and I just picked up a 6450-48P today but I have a problem. The switch doesn't boot. I plug it in and I hear a relay type of click but that is it. No...