Recent content by Kartoff

1. K

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I had same thoughts :confused: Somebody suggested the problem might be related to that switches were stacked before I got them and this one still expecting another switch to tell him what to do but I doubt it. I tried to went into base OS to eventually see something extra and succeeded but...
  2. K

Hello, I bought 3x ICX 7750 switches couple of months ago and 2 of them are working but 1 does not... It shows some errors and do boot loop. I thought update of firmware could do the trick and did it, even exchanged the flash between the switches but without success :( Here are what console...
  3. K

What's a good used 100G switch these days?

What XFP are you talking about ? BTW I am considering of buying some of these Plexxi switches. Still not sure because never seen such and do not know what to expect...
  4. K

Brocade VDX 6740

I can't agree with that :) Based on our experience this is the most fastidious switch... Talking for myself I haven't so many problems with transceivers compatibility, but some fellows of mine had. They told me to be careful before I started buying VDX switches because of that... Even my Cisco...
  5. K

Brocade VDX 6740

Hello again, I bought couple more VDX6740 switches... I managed to reset all except one that has boot prom password. What to do now ?
  6. K

Brocade VDX 6740

You said switches are connected through ISL, but what I see now ISL is disabled on the port. So they are not using ISL seems. Also you don't need switchport on ISL ports on my opinion.
  7. K

Hello, I found some ICX7750 and thinking about to buy some... They look pretty good with 48x SFP+ and 6x QSFP instead of usually 4x :) I have some VDX switches but no ICX so I have no experience with them... Will be nice to hear some impressions. Are they SFP capricious ? As I know ICX does not...
  8. K

100 Gbe NIC recommendations ?

Hello, At this moment I use 2x HP servers, DL360p G8 and DL380 G9, both with HP 649283-B21 40G NICs... They work fine as ethernet adapters on pfSense without flashing etc... But now I need some decent PCI-e x16 100G NICs for another servers which ill use at 40G (no 100G switch) but I hope to...
  9. K

Brocade VDX 6740

I am not so sure you can do anything if switch has no license... I suggest just to look for switch with licenses...
  10. K

Brocade VDX 6740

It clearly says : No 40G Port Upgrade license is installed ;)
  11. K

Brocade VDX 6740

I tried couple of apps and they show the same result... I never had brocade so i dont have experience about them... I remember i made a video a month ago so i just uploaded it : o_O
  12. K

Brocade VDX 6740

As i know there are db meter apps for smartphones... I can try to measure my Nexus 6000 ;) I think about doing video to upload on youtube for comparison as well :) P.S. Just did a measurement and it is average 77db for N6K-C6001-64P (50cm from switch)
  13. K

Brocade VDX 6740

Hello, i have a little funny question... Can someone provide me some information about how loud is VDX6740 ? I need to compare with Nexus 6000 for a friend... He thinks Cisco is louder but i am not so sure about that...
  14. K

Mikrotik CRS317-1G-16S+RM / 10GbE

Nice :) I have bunch of diferent 1g SFP so i will get one to try :) Now i use some Quanta LB6 and LB8 but this Mikrotik poke my curiosity :)
  15. K

Mikrotik CRS317-1G-16S+RM / 10GbE

Nice switch :) I read the tread and assume that it work at 1G with normal tranceivers... Am i right ?