Recent content by Kapel

1. K

EU Gigabyte Mainboard MC12-LE0 Re1.0 AMD B550 AM4 Ryzen

Hey, I've bought this motherboard. Managed to update the BMC to the newest available on the website and the BIOS to F13. The processor I've got is AMD Ryzen 5 5600 The ram is a Kingston Fury KF432C16BBK2/64 The BIOS is capable of reading both correctly, can connect through the html KVM...
  2. K

"Mobile" server

Mind that the processor in the laptop is not as efficient as the desktop version. Also, how would you handle the heating solution? A good thing would be quite low power consumption.
  3. K

GPU for passthrough

Just because I'm curious - what card would work with ESXi 6 and above? Is there a list of cards that could do our job? As I see, you @nk215 are doing the same things I would like to do. What parameter / technology should I look at to be sure that the card is "passthroughable"? Would any...
  4. K

GPU for passthrough

I've had a short chat with a friend of mine, which stated that the Quadro 4000 has overheating problems. How true is that? How do you manage to have your quadros in good working temp? How does the cooling of your machine look? My friend also suggested to buy K4200, but it's way more expensive...
  5. K

GPU for passthrough

I was waiting for a post like this! Thank you! Cheers, K.
  6. K

GPU for passthrough

Thank you for your reply! It's not quite my idea to have the cards plugged into a monitor. On some stage I would like to put this machine into a rack and connect to it fully remotely. Also I would like to have multiple passthroughs at a time. To each virtual machine I'll connect via VNC / remote...
  7. K

GPU for passthrough

My project is to learn as much as I can, so I would be trying different Hypervisors anyway. That's why I'm looking for a card that might work in most of the systems. Probably I would start with Proxmox (or pure Debian with KVM) > ESXi > Hyper-V > Xen. Cheers, K.
  8. K

GPU for passthrough

I would like to do remote users - start simple apps that require GPU acceleration (won't start without it :(). I possibly could use 1 card per 1 vm, but I'm trying to get as much as I can. So if I can get 1 card that would provide acceleration for 4 vms (example) than I could possibly buy N of...
  9. K

GPU for passthrough

First of all - sorry if I'm in the wrong forum. It's not a Hypervisor-related topic, also I have found no GPU related forum so this might be the best for this one. If I'm mistaken - please move the topic if it's possible. I would like to build a Virtualization server and learn GPU passthrough...
  10. K

Intel S2600CP vs Supermicro X9DRi-iF

As an irony I had that page open in a different tab. Well it's not the best start thread on a forum for me [emoji2] For the record - some server makers share lan ports with ipmi. Lenovo does it on some servers. That's why I asked. Best, K.
  11. K

So I've read something wrong again. Need to sleep more. Thanks again! Cheers, K.
  12. K

Thank you for all the responses! Before creating this post I was directed twoards Supermicro and wanted if it's the right path. I would like to apologize because I've mixed two different Supermicro motherboards. The one I wanted (and hopefully everyone thought about) - X9DRI-F a different...
  13. K

Thank you AJ! This helps me a lot! I was afraid I would have to use the vendor's heatsinks or some server-like fans. Are there any problems with setting the RPM of the fans or does it adjust automatically? Sorry for the silly questions. For some reason I treat them as server boards and I'm...
  14. K

AJ, Thank you very much for your fast response. I hope I'll gather as much info I can get to make the best decision! I have another question regarding the heatsinks - do I need to buy the Supermicro heatsinks because of the dimensions (as a safe option) or would any other brand would do the...
  15. K

First of all, as I am a new user - hello Dear Community! I hope I'm posting in the right forum. I would like to learn some hypervisors (KVM, ESXi, Hyper-V, Xen) and GPU Passthrough on them. To achieve this I would like to build a machine based on LGA 2011 v1/v2 (for further upgrade) and insert...