Recent content by KalusOne

1. K

Dell Compellent SC200 enclosure?

I am by no means even competent regarding all of this, but my understanding (from my SC220) is that you connect Port A on the top controller in the Compellent to the 1st port on your HBA, and port B of the bottom controller to the 3rd port on the controller. My SC220 only has 2 ports (A and B)...
  2. K

Ahh, ok. I really appreciate the advice. I suppose that's why they put those screamers in, in the first place. There really is no clear route for airflow through the shelf, especially with all bays filled... and from memory, there's no opening at the front of the power supplies either.
  3. K

I have 24x 900GB 10k drives in there. I'm really new to this and have just managed to get FreeNAS up and running. I didn't know that smart data showed temps, but I looked it up... the highest is at 69 degrees celsius and coolest is 49. It shows that the drive trip temperature is 85 degrees
  4. K

Mine does the exact same thing after the fan replacement. I'm not familiar with the sas commands you mentioned, but my shelf is running hot.... really hot. The drives in the center of the shelf get so hot you can't touch them. I've turned everything off until I work out what the problem is.