Kaishi's latest activity

• Kaishi
    After speaking at length with SuperMicro, they indicated that they would like me to RMA this board. I'm not sure if this is a symptom...
  • Kaishi
    I called SuperMicro to ask them about it. I sent them an email linking to this thread but also including the serial number, MAC...
  • Kaishi
    The latest, which is version 2.2 I tried installing in full compatibility mode, even down to using the SATA controller in IDE mode. No...
  • Kaishi
    I tried installing TrueNAS-12.0-RELEASE and had the exact same experience. Nothing shows up in the EFI for me to boot. EDIT: I'm...
    • 1603477875001.png
  • Kaishi
    Is your install in native UEFI mode? Or are you using any BIOS-compatibility options? For example, the Compatibility Support Module (CSM)
  • Kaishi
    Kaishi replied to the thread Atom C2758 on borrowed time?.
    My board boots from USB or ISO without issue, in either UEFI or BIOS-compatibility mode. It performs the install just fine. But it...
  • Kaishi
    Kaishi replied to the thread Atom C2758 on borrowed time?.
    How were you able to boot pfsense on your Supermicro system? I have one, and I haven't been able to get it to cooperate with anything...
  • Kaishi
    This is on a fresh install, at the end of the install I tried to use the final config shell to use efibootmgr, and got the same error...
    • 1603297799087.png
  • Kaishi
    I've been looking at some more documentation on freeBSD and came away with the idea that it might be related to the pfsense installer...
  • Kaishi
    Introduction: I've got a SuperMicro SuperServer 5018A-FTN4, which I bought specifically to use as a gateway for my network. I intended...