Recent content by kagurazakakotori

1. K

AOC-SLG3-2M2 to Bifurcate or not Bifurcate on X9DRi-LN4F+

I only know that X9DR3-LN4F+ BIOS 3.3 supports pcie bifurcation, you can try 3.2 yourself. Just see if bifurcation shows up in BIOS and whether all nvme drives show up in your os. Even though, a BIOS update is still recommended. Booting from nvme requires some modification, all versions of stock...
  2. K

I am now using the 3.4 bios with nvme boot modded, the bifurcation works well. However, sometimes only 2 devices on my x16 to 4x M.2 adapter is detected, this can be solved easily by performing a power cycle.
  3. K

It seems they just removed the links to the older product detail page, but you can still get there by simply googling your motherboard model. https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/supermicro-bios-ipmi-listing-including-older-versions.30007/ This thread also provides download links...
  4. K

SMCI X9 Bifurcation I Why some boards but not all ?

I believe it is not related to the chipset uplink port. Many X9DRi-F (C602) users also say their bifurcation is not working, like this post on STH, that post on STH, another post on STH, and this post on HardForum. There is also a FAQ on this issue. Supermicro tech support told me that "The...
  5. K

SMCI X9 Bifurcation I Why some boards but not all ?

The PCIe bifurcation on X9DRi-LN4F+ works fine while X9DR3-F does not work at all. Unlike other boards make the bifurcation hidden in setup, Supermicro X9 boards setup does provide the options and they change the bios variable properly, but it only takes effect on some model. Update: I emailed...
  6. K

m.2 PCIe adapter in Supermicro x9 motherboards?

I also replaced X9DRI-LN4F with X9DRI-F for 4U case, pcie bifurcation works fine with X9DRI-LN4F, but it is not working on X9DRI-F. This post says the board does not support bifurcation at all, and supermicro won't fix it. Update: Supermicro send me a bios with working pcie bifurcation, details...
  7. K

I have X9DR3-F, and JEYI iHyper-M2X16 card, the bifurcation never works. This post says the board does not support bifurcation at all. Update: I emailed Supermicro, they tell me that X9DR3-F 3.3 BIOS actually doesn't support PCIe bifurcation. However, they send me a beta BIOS built on Feb 2020...
  8. K

Maxtor is back???

It a rebranded Phison entry level ssd using PS3111 controller. Seems Seagate now use Maxtor brand for its entry level ssd.
  9. K

Mellanox ConnectX-3 on ebay look strange

Yes I can, but the shipping fee would be higher than aliexpress as I will ship it directly from post office, and payment will be more complicated. Please PM me for details.
  10. K

Mellanox ConnectX-3 on ebay look strange

These are MCX341A-XCAN network adapter from Quanta 2-node servers plus an OCP connector to PCIe adapter. The design of the OCP to PCIe adapter is available on GitHub: KCORES/OCP2PCIe Turnedback/OCP2-Pcie And these single-port CX341A can be easily modified to a dual-port CX342A by soldering...
  11. K

Using a breakout cable with ConnectX-3 MCX354A

No, breakout cable is not supported on NICs, they only work on switches. Consider buying a QSFP to SFP adapter instead.
  12. K

Cheap chinese x79 mobos

It seems impossible because LGA 2011-3 actually got more pins than LGA 2011 while 7-9 gen desktop cores all use LGA 1151 rev2. I think the v1/v2 and v3/v4 E5 cpus are physically incompatible. The only possible thing is to use DDR3 memory with v3 cpus, and there are such products on market like...
  13. K

Cheap chinese x79 mobos

B85 chipset is mainly used on 2011-3 boards, some sellers might call it X99. And yes, most of the failure was caused by quality issues. Also, in Chinese forums, these boards are believed to use "recycled" chipset desoldered from old boards, this might be the cause.
  14. K

Cheap chinese x79 mobos

Some of these motherboards actually use H61/Q65/B75 chipsets (Yes Chinese craftsmen have made it possible to use these chipsets with lga2011 CPUs). Stay away from these boards as they have some compatibility issues like not supporting ECC LRDIMMs and/or 12-core CPUs and stability issues.