Recent content by k4J768

1. K

Can't get any LED to light on my Supermicro M11SDV-8C-LN4F

It is a Corsair RM750W (https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categ...™-80-PLUS-Gold-Power-Supplies/p/CP-9020195-NA) that was on sale at my local IT store.
  2. K

I went to the local IT store, bought a new PSU and installed it. It works like a charm now :) Thanks again for helping!
  3. K

That makes sense, thank you for your expertise. I might be better off getting a new PSU then...
  4. K

I'm sorry, what is meant with ground cable? I'm plugging the 8 pin cable to the "P8/P4" socket as shown below. The other end ("CPU1-P4" and "CPU2-P8") goes into the socket on the mainboard. Is that wrong?
  5. K

My friend's PSU is also modular and it works fine with it. I could of course buy the exact same PSU from the local hardware shop. But since I know that the power supply works well, I don't want to throw it away.
  6. K

But doesn't the PS-ON only need to be pulled to ground when I actually want to start the system / boot the BIOS? Note that currently there isn't any LED lighting up in powered-off mode. I expect at least the BMC to power on after some time (which it doesnt even after 30 minutes)
  7. K

That would make perfect sense, but the mainboard still has no power even if the 8-pin connector is connected correctly. Does anything have to be triggered on the power supply to get power to the 8-pin connector? Measuring the 8-pin connector with a multimeter shows no voltage at all.
  8. K

Yes, the 8pin connector is also connected. However, I am not sure if this is already necessary, as absolutely no LED lights up (the mainboard's power LED lights up when I connect it to my friend's power supply, even without the 8pin connector).
  9. K

I've purchased a Supermicro M11SDV-8C-LN4F and tried to power it with my long-living be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 550W power supply, however I can't get any LED on the mainboard to light up. The PSU is working fine (and even is now) when I connect it to an old ASRock Rack C2750D4I using its...