Recent content by jverschoor

1. J

Dell PowerEdge C8220 Build and Questions

Hi Jabuzzard, Thanks for your reply: Indeed, bios-wise the GPU's are supported; most in this thread managed to get multiple GPU's to function on the first 2 PCIe slots, and some also managed to get some GPU's to function on the rear PCIe edge slot via a riser connector. Problem we are having...
  2. J

Hi Jabuzzard, Indeed the C6220ii works with an HIC card to a C410x, but we are trying to connect a GPU directly to the edge PCIe slot, which slot is normally only used in a C8220, and not in a C6220ii.... that's were the BIOS comment comes from. Kind regards, JJ
  3. J

Hi, As an update: we tried to install the K80's this weekend, however, to no avail: the PCIe edge slot isn't recognized in BIOS, whilst the GPU is connected with auxiliary power and riser is powered as well. I think this is because our BIOS (version 2.10) is for the C6220ii (that doesn't...
  4. J

Just in case anybody has any networking issues with the onboard NICs, please note that Dell has finally (29 March 2021) updated their firmware to version 20.0.16: You can download it here: https://dl.dell.com/FOLDER07032145M/3/Network_Firmware_23WP1_WN64_20.0.16_A00.EXE release notes here...
  5. J

Ok, thanks for letting me know. This weekend I will try to connect a K80 to the rear GPGPU slot via the riser ribbon cable and I will post back as to whether that works or not, as I believe it didn't work for Falanger, but Drabadue managed to get a GTX 780 to function on the rear GPGPU slot...
  6. J

Hi, ok, that is promising, but did you install those GPU's in the front 2 PCIe ports or did you use the powered riser on the rear edge slot to connect one of the GPU's?
  7. J

Ok thanks, I will keep that in mind.... and within that regard, did you actually ever manage to run a K80 on the rear edge slot GPGPU riser? you told me about the overall PCIe lane limitation (that prevents running 3 GPU's), but did you ever manage to get a single K80 to run on the rear edge...
  8. J

Assembled the installation for 8 GPUs from the ASUS RS720-E6 server and Tesla S2050 boxes

Hi Falanger, I do again thank you for your insights, but I am sorry to say that we don't have any K20's nor K40''s, and the K80's we need ourselves. In reply: it looks like the GPGPU riser cable (DP/N 0DJC89) is an isolated powered riser that would prevent these cross current/ground loop...
  9. J

Which PCIe slot did you try the RTX 3060 on?: One of the front two PCIe slots, or the rear edge slot via the GPGPU riser? Actually, either way, I wont know the answer. But the board was designed to work with the older Nvidia Tesla/Intel Phi cards.... so maybe only the older Fermi/Kepler...
  10. J

Assembled the installation for 8 GPUs from the ASUS RS720-E6 server and Tesla S2050 boxes

Hi Falanger, Thanks once again, and I think I understand what you are trying to tell me now, i.e: You were using 2 different power supplies to power your Mobo and your GPU's independently, namely: - 1 X ATX 1000W (ChiefTec Protom 1KW) to power both K80's (2 x 225W = 450W) - 1 x ATX 850W...
  11. J

Hi Falanger, Once again thank you for your helpful insights, but I didn't explain our intent very well. See, - We don't intend to solder the connections, rather we intend to take the HIC cards out of the S1070 in their entirety (and as the HIC cards are integrated with the PCIe slots, we are...
  12. J

Hi Falanger, Thanks for this: - We are using those high quality 3M/Dell PCIe extenders (the same ones you have in your video when you connect the K80's to the C8220 mobo), so I think cable quality wise it will be ok. - When you say "electronics of the card boxes working on their own", do you...
  13. J

Hi Falanger, yes we are interested. What we did is we purchased a Nvidia S1070 and are seeking to put in 4 Nvidia K80's. We wont use the gen2 HIC connectors, rather we are trying to route the gen3 PCIe extension cables from the rear interposer on the C6220ii's directly to the K80's in S1070...
  14. J

Thanks for you reply Falanger; very helpful. I have one follow-up question if you don't mind: You say " The Edge slot option is visible after connecting an additional +12 V power supply...". Question: where did you connect this additional 12V power supply to? Is it to connector 23 "power...
  15. J

Hi Falanger, We are also seeking to connect a NVIDIA K80 to a C6220ii, and are following your helpful lead. Question: I see on your monitor screen that your BIOS shows the option ["edge slot" <enabled>] under "PCI configuration". Was this "edge slot"- option visible already before you...