Recent content by JunctionRunner

1. J

Are there any adapters/risers that convert OCP Mezzanine connectors to PCIE/nvme m.2 slots? (or can anyone find an adapter for another pcie riser?)

Ah, nice find, though I think that uses the longer mezzanine connector unfortunately so it wouldn't fit. I did see another gigabyte nvme card like that with four ports that uses two, but then I would have to remove my 10gbe networking :( That internal 6gbps sas connector would be in the way too...
  2. J

Are there any adapters/risers that convert OCP Mezzanine connectors to PCIE/nvme m.2 slots? (or can anyone find an adapter for another pcie riser?)

Hi all, so this is something super duper spectacularly niche that probably doesn't exist but I wanted to check to see if anyone knows of an oddball solution off the shelf for this. For my 1u storage server, because of budget limits (aka being broke) I wasn't able to get the server that...
  3. J

Help! :) Quanta D51B-2U fan control via BMC / IPMI2.0 commands?

Thanks for the clarification. I haven't edited a video on it yet (I should do that) but I swapped the psu fans for some that are about half the cfm, and that solved the issue entirely thankfully.
  4. J

Need help fine-tuning 10gbe, unraid performance awful compared to windows server for some reason?

I just ran another iperf as a sanity check, and single channel performance dropped back to where it was for some reason in one direction. a touch higher, but still, odd.
  5. J

Need help fine-tuning 10gbe, unraid performance awful compared to windows server for some reason?

Hi everyone, so, hopefully I don't leave anything important out, but my sleep has been god awful all week and I've been trying to figure out why I'm having horrible transfer speeds with unraid. Basically. I have a storage server and a few SSD's in raid 0 for testing, and with the exact same...
  6. J

Alright, looks like I am a few versions behind then. Fritz are your psu fans going full tilt? Also hopefully there's somewhere to get the files now that the server is EOL, since quanta removed it from their site which sucks. Wayback machine doesn't seem to have everything from their site...
  7. J

No errors at all on impi, someone on reddit also confirmed these are noisy as heck. Maybe a bios update would help but these are EOL and I saw a couple results for quanta servers saying not to update them. Also not even sure what the latest revision is but mine is from 2018.
  8. J

Ah, ok, so the second rotor in each dual fan is only dependent on temperature (or that power up test) and there's no way to individually access it through impi except the tach reading? Bugger. I guess this, and the confirmation about the psu fans then saves me head scratching even more, and...
  9. J

Bit of a necro but I have a D51PH-1ULH, and yeah, wow the PSU fans running full tilt (maybe) are pretty damn bad... I've had success with impitool to control the first six fans, but anything beyond that I get errors. ipmitool -H 172.16.1.122 -U rescue -P quantarescue 0x30 0x39 0x01 0x0 0x0...
  10. J

QCT D51PH-1ULH BMC Password reset

Hi all, I'll likely post here again, but to add some info to this, supermicro's ipmicfg tool works for this server. I just got one of these in and am starting to get it set up, need to work out flashing the lsi controller to it mode, since it's mezzanine and there's no jumper 6. But, to reset...