Recent content by jtaj

1. J

anyone knows DL180 G6 backplane power pin out?

oh bummer lol. do you mind measuring how much power draw for the entire backplane + 12 HDDs? just to make sure its not drawing too much power for no reason.
  2. J

over engineer is always true since its enterprise gear. question, how do you know the pin out with certainty without the other end of the cable? wouldnt you risk burning up the backplane or even the hard drive?
  3. J

hey, thanks for sharing this. do you know if the backplane only requires a single power connector like in your 2nd screenshot? given that each connector has 4x 12v, I'd like to assume it is enough to power 12 hard drives + backplane. in your case, does it work fine without the 2nd power...
  4. J

Optane P1600X 58GB $40

58gb seems kinda off putting unless used as a cache. still waiting for that pmem 3.0 ddr5 with HEDT CPU.. wondering if we'll see the last of optane work with HEDT platform on 40+ P cores.
  5. J

AVOID - 4U, 2x Node, 4x E5 V3/V4, 56x LFF SAS3 3.5" bay - $299 - CISCO UCS C3260

alright! so the fan is hella annoying, the HDD/server cooling fan is ok as I can replace it with something else and power the new fans with one of the SAS power but the PSU fan is hella high. seems with only 1 PSU plugged in regardless of temperature, with 48 drives populated it probably draws...
  6. J

THE CHIA FARM

=( electricity issue or dont see the future with it?
  7. J

THE CHIA FARM

has your farm size changed at all since then?
  8. J

[Update: Seller Complaints Accumulating] HGST Ultrastar He10 - 10TB @ $129.95

how much more power are we looking at?
  9. J

AVOID - 4U, 2x Node, 4x E5 V3/V4, 56x LFF SAS3 3.5" bay - $299 - CISCO UCS C3260

damn the 40g to 4x 10g is so fast! too use to the old gigabit ethernet im amazed just how fast this is, had to raid a couple of drives together to test the speed, really impressed! btw does anyone know how to set up remote control through the management port? when I try to launch kvm it says...
  10. J

Overclock your AMD Epyc

what sort of bug?
  11. J

20TB hard drive for $295

did a bit more digging cause drama = great
  12. J

Overclock your AMD Epyc

you can overclock the milan server CPU? thought its all locked like intel lol
  13. J

IBM U.2 flash core module 19.2tb $905

if one was to use it strictly for 19.2TB and under, and not worry about heat/speed, these would be amazing deal wouldn't it? 15TB class SAS runs between 1.3k to 1.7k and slower throughput, these are $900. unless im misunderstanding the whole thing pls correct me if im wrong
  14. J

revisiting this, finally got time received the cable, does linux/ubuntu recognize the 40g port or does it require driver?
  15. J

Overclock your AMD Epyc

have you tried the arctic freezer 4U cpu cooler for TR/eypc? in terms of height its around 153mm I think and its probably the best right after icegiant's it would also allow you to add more PCIe cards.