Recent content by jseba

1. J

Trying to reach 768GBs of RAM in X9DRi-LN4F+

According to your memory’s specifications, it’s 4Rx4 or quad rank (QR) which is the second to last row on that chart. So that’s why you’re in the “N/A” section. It looks like that board requires dual rank (DR) or single rank (SR) DIMMs in order to fill all the slots.
  2. J

BTFRS Opinions...

I can second Stephan's I/O lockups and instability with BTRFS. We are using BTRFS on top of our SAN to host our new development sandboxes at work with each dev getting a LXC container. It was okay at first as people slowly started to migrate (1, maybe 2 per host) but now everyone has migrated...
  3. J

Taking the plunge with Google Project Fi - My Experiences from a 15+ year AT&T Customer

I have had Fi for nearly a year now, got it with the Nexus 5X deal last spring. I've had very few problems with it, especially as Hangouts manages nearly everything for calls and texts. Nearly everywhere I go at least T-Mobile, Sprint, or US Cellular covers (except for my grandparents living on...
  4. J

SuperChassis E300 Build?

#1 - I would assume so as well. #2 - If you look at the motherboard manual for the board that the chassis is meant to be paired with (X10SDV-TP8F), the motherboard has a dedicated 12V power supply port. #3 - I can't answer that one. WiredZone doesn't have much information on the chassis and the...
  5. J

Newegg asus barebones server sales

Now to just find an EU store willing to ship to the US...
  6. J

Newegg asus barebones server sales

You wouldn't happen to know of a store that still has one of those in stock? I have a Z8 series board that's been collecting dust (got it for cheap, thought it was a good idea, etc.). Everywhere I looked has that chassis as out of stock with no estimates on availability and there aren't even any...
  7. J

The majority of the stuff I order from eBay comes from either California or Texas

Yeah, living just two states north of Texas means standard shipping is about three days normally, provided I remember to order before Thursday. The midwest is nice for shipping in general because of the whole "in the middle of the US" thing, few items I've ordered end up in transit more than 5...
  8. J

What's the highest POH you've seen on a HD?

My oldest drive I've bought from new is a 500gb Samsung that is about 10 years old with like 33000 hours. My workplace sold us some decommissioned Sun branded Hitachi 2tb drives a while back. The two I checked had over 55000 hours on them but the impressive figure was the power on count: 7... o_O
  9. J

Intel Xeon Phi Coprocessor 31S1P Special Price Promotion of $195*

I'd be in for one at that price
  10. J

Do you DC?

I used to do F@H on my (now aging) GTX580 a couple years ago. But that was only because I was paying a flat rate for utilities at the time.
  11. J

6 port GigE cards

Sadly it would seem that the Intel chip they are based on (82546GB) is deprecated from 5.5 on, although the drivers could probably still be sideloaded after installation, much like the Realtek drivers.
  12. J

seagate 480gb Pro - good deal?

They were indeed HP branded. I haven't been able to get the warranty check on HP's site to accept their serial numbers, so no clue on how much warranty is on them. I just used the standard Intel SATA ports off the chipset (H67). Might do better off a dedicated HBA, but I don't have one laying...
  13. J

I got my pair in yesterday. I have some quick benches using CrystalDiskMark for a single drive and a Storage Spaces' RAID0 across both: Single Drive Read Seq - 490.4 MB/s Write Seq - 452.3 MB/s Read 512k - 337.9 MB/s Write 512k - 423.9 MB/s Read 4k - 22.25 MB/s Write 4k - 45.61 MB/s Read 4k...
  14. J

Went ahead and did the same. Hard to beat nearly 1TB of SSD space for that price :D
  15. J

Taming the Supermicro 6026TT-HTRF

It's still here, just doesn't seem to be reachable from the site's search function; Google has it though. Some of the pictures are down as well. https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/taming-the-c6100.1317/