Recent content by jro

1. J

m.2 PCIe adapter in Supermicro x9 motherboards?

I apologize for bumping, but this seems to be the go-to spot for X9 bifurcation issues. I've got an X9QRi-F+ and the manual mentions bifurcation options but I can only select x4, x8, and x16 on the PCIe mode selections. Here's a link to the board: Supermicro | Products | Motherboards | Xeon®...
  2. J

40 GbE on Win10 - Only getting ~10Gb/s

Well crap... I guess you saved me $100 in cables. I'm not sure how to set up multiple IPs on the 40G interface, but I'll look into that as well. I appreciate the input. EDIT: Okay, even more tinkering. I got 4 IPs, each on their own subnet, on both the Windows side and the FreeNAS side and...
  3. J

I wanted to provide an update on this after some tinkering on my end. If I run multiple iperf instances, I can get ~30Gb/s aggregate. I think SMB-Direct (SMB over RDMA) would be a good solution, but it's not supported in Samba yet, so I'm out of luck there. SMB multichannel is supported, in...
  4. J

I just put an Intel XL710-QDA2 NIC in my Windows 10 machine (TR 2990WX + 128GB RAM) and have it directly connected via QSFP+ DAC to a Chelsio T580-LP-CR in my FreeNAS system. Running iperf3, I only get ~10Gbit/s between the two machines (regardless of which is the host). Interestingly enough...
  5. J

Intel Optane SSD 900P 280GB AIC $235 + YMMV 13% bucks

Honestly, I'm not sure. I bought my AIC in Dec 2018 and sold the code shortly thereafter. I do see two eBay listings for the codes, both at $100 (search "sabre raven"), but who knows.
  6. J

Intel Optane SSD 900P 280GB AIC $235 + YMMV 13% bucks

FYI, the ones on Amazon are listed at $277 and come with a code for the game Star Citizen. That code sells on eBay for >$100. I sold mine for $130 a few months ago, making the card ~$150 net. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0772XB3MY/
  7. J

Samsung SM863 1.9TB for $229.99

It amazes me that manufacturers even make this possible. It's like Toyota putting an odometer reset button on the dashboard...