Recent content by Jordan Perdue

1. J

Intel DC P4500 4TB SSDs - Worth the price?

The price is fine, all things considered. I would keep the following things in mind though: -Chia has cratered in 'value', so a lot of these drives are being sold without any usage data provided. The endurance of that model isn't low, but it's leaning towards read intensive workloads (4850TBW...
  2. J

Tyan S8030GM2NE

Yeah I did. I tried to mess with it a bit but my hands nor tooling are good enough for such a repair. If I made it worse then it couldn't be put back in to service until the replacement was received. Honestly I'm amazed it was stable even while partially crippled. I'm assuming you cleared the...
  3. J

Tyan S8030GM2NE

Thank you for that update hmw. I will postpone the DC upgrade as that really would have knocked my uptime down significantly. I will say this btw, Tyan has the most pleasant advanced RMA I've ever done before. I invested in the Husky torque wrench and a set of bits and did the motherboard swap...
  4. J

Sandisk SX350 3.2TB SSD 230 USD

Only ESXI 6.7 can use these as a datastore - completely unsupported in 7.0. That being said - incredible card for the cost if you are running on a supported platform.
  5. J

Tyan S8030GM2NE

Yeah. I guess being on the edge is a good thing here.
  6. J

Tyan S8030GM2NE

Oh FFS, a pin bent somehow.
  7. J

Tyan S8030GM2NE

I only have the eight standoffs installed where the motherboard mounts. Does anyone know what the red LED is near the dimm slots?
  8. J

Tyan S8030GM2NE

I ended up getting the Husky tool linked. Took off the HSF, took out the CPU, reinstalled the CPU with torx bit at appropriate setting, reinstalled HSF with phillips bit at same setting, and the problem persists. Going to try a full CMOS reset, then take the motherboard out of the chassis and...
  9. J

Tyan S8030GM2NE

I think you hit the nail on the head here... I just used a hex key to install the processor retention (I am an idiot obviously) so I'm quite confident this is the problem (exact torque requirement). Thank you so much for the knowledge!
  10. J

Tyan S8030GM2NE

So I'm about to roll my 4u 7302p into production in four days and figured I'd double the ram (128gb to 256gb) so... add four sticks and we are good, yeah? Wrong. DIMM bank e0 seems completely dead for me. Trying all of the sticks multiple times in a revolving pattern shows all eight are...
  11. J

EU !VOTING ENDED! WTB Ablecom case CS-T80-02 - GROUP PURCHASE VOTE

Also interested in one or two depending on total cost per. USA
  12. J

Tyan S8030GM2NE

I have not gotten to test anything as its running services in the DC, but I did open the HTML5 KVM and could plug in media.
  13. J

Tyan S8030GM2NE

Updated also, working well for me.
  14. J

Tyan S8030GM2NE

This is really excellent news and fixes the main problems I had with the firmware - very glad I stayed with this. Thanks for the updates guys.