Recent content by joerambo

1. J

Firmware package for Samsung SM883/MZ7KH3T8HALS

Is smartctl returning the same, without 5 digits after? smartct -x /dev/nvmX where X is your device should show that info in lines at the top.
  2. J

PM9A3 Firmware / ERRORMOD related to fw version

WOW, this forum and its users are incredible value. Thanks for nothing Samsung! The steps i took to update FW were: downloaded latest Samsung toolkit 3 Linux version as file samsung-tool chmod +x samsung-tool ./ samsung-tool -L | 0 | /dev/sda | SAMSUNG MZ7L37T6HBLA-00A07 |...
  3. J

Thanks a lot, tested a binary downloaded from DarkServant's on 3.84TB M.2 drive and everything seems to be fine. Now if only someone would find latest FW JXTC404Q for PM893 :(
  4. J

@dreamkass for "vanilla" Samsung's i was using ( m.2 variant, mind the fw ver ): nvme fw-download -f gdc7502q.bin /dev/nvme0 nvme fw-commit -s 2 -a 3 /dev/nvme0 I think You are trying to commit to slot 1, that is already taken by factory FW. Instead try comminting to slot 2 and activating.
  5. J

PSA: SM863 "Endurance Management" firmware feature causing degraded performance over time

JXTC404Q seems to be newer than what Dell has (21 Apr 2023 date). But that's a viable idea, once/if DELL posts update.
  6. J

PSA: SM863 "Endurance Management" firmware feature causing degraded performance over time

Also a bit of highjack of a thread, but maybe someone already has: PM893 2.5" : JXTC404Q firmware Need to update some drives, as always Samsung and resellers are very "helpful".
  7. J

Recommended SSDs today?

Any specifics what was wrong with slot mount PCBs? I think M.2 has an advantage of full speed PCIE 4 or 5 depending on CPU, but if PCIE slot is connected directly to CPU ( as Threadrippers and workstation Xeons are ) they should be full speed? Or is something inherently wrong about PCB mounts...
  8. J

Intel SSD DC P4500 15.3TB - "Disable Logical State" "NVMe Status 0x4006"- anything to do ?

Indeed. And "about 4 years" smells like yet another 32K hours bug in firmware?
  9. J

Thank You! I think given the problems with 980PRO it makes a lot of sense to run these same era PM9A3 M.2 drives with newest possible FW.
  10. J

Has anyone dealt with M.2 variant of PM9A3 ? It was released, but currently Google search is not finding it on Samsung's site, yet it is available at some retailers. Will GDC5902Q work on M.2 variant of PM9A3? I think given the troubles that surfaced with 980 PRO it would not be wise to run...