Recent content by jnrnbt.

1. jnrnbt.

Gigabyte MJ11-EC1 EPYC 3151 Mystery

Hey Folks, sorry, i was offline here for a longer period. At first, here´s my designed I/O Shield for use in Autodesk Fusion (.f3d) or direct printing (.3mf). It´s not perfect, but fitted inside my Kolink mITX Case. gigabyte mj11-ec1 Additionally back in october I bought an adapter from...
  2. jnrnbt.

That PCIe Adapter seems fine, but i don´t know if that works with 2 cards. The u2_2 should be 8 Lanes, as @SadoKitten stated Gigabyte uses an IC on their PCIe distribution board for the 10 x1 Ports. I don´t think they use x4 for upstreaming to 10x x1. Given that i´m highly confident that the...
  3. jnrnbt.

Hey Folks, i spent some time with the board now but needed to put it into service for it´s real purpose. So i ordered another one for playing around. The Hyper Threading seems to be disabled in the G431 boxes per default, you need to enable it in the BIOS (i don´t know where it was, but it was...
  4. jnrnbt.

Hey, yeah, that should be possible. Maybe you want to use my combination of pcie adapter and cable, x4 should be enough for 10gbe and you just need a sata power cable. Meanwhile I tried to use my dual x4 cable with another pcie board (bought another one because i was curious), but that won’t work.
  5. jnrnbt.

Nope, i´m planning to design one to 3d print it. I will share it here once im done. Currently i didn´t move on any further with the board.
  6. jnrnbt.

Mine didn’t boot up without the 4pin/8pin connected.
  7. jnrnbt.

Another info for anyboady in search of adapters and cables, that Oculink aka SFF-8654 x8 aka SlimSAS x8 has another Name, "Ultraport". I love standards :rolleyes: @mstoebich My board was kind of bitchy regarding RAM at first, had 2 16G modules that would not show up even if from the same charge...
  8. jnrnbt.

Hey Folks, it works My LSI SAS3 card is working fine on pcie 3.0 x4, maybe it’s even possible to order another sf-8611 to pcie and use it as 2 separate x4 slots. I’ll try some more in the next days, amazon was late today. And to the SATA natively to u2 port question, that won’t work just...
  9. jnrnbt.

As the BIOS doesn’t mention anything about the u2_1 port I’m afraid that one can’t get it to run. I don’t know anything about soldering, so I’m afraid I can’t help you with that. If the board had HW RAID that would be great, but I think even as 8 port SW RAIDE nas box with pcie 10g card it...
  10. jnrnbt.

8654-8i to 2x 8611 SFF-8612 or 8611 to PCIe As i could not find difference between 8611 and 8612 i hope that will work. There´s only Enabled or Disabled for the u2 port. Given the info from SadoKitten (thanks for that) the port should use all available lanes if only one card is present. I...
  11. jnrnbt.

Ah yes, you´re right. Unfortunately i can´t get any detail shots of that PCIe distribution board, on the pretty lowres web photos you can only see the 8654-8i cable underneath and the (i assume) chip is covered by a heatsink. Meanwhile i got my 64 Gig of RAM running. As i already have a...
  12. jnrnbt.

The G431 uses an extra board for power and pcie distribution. Additionally to your link there is also a Delock Adapter from 8654-8i to pcie x16 (x8) but it’s about 250€, so I try to get it to work for less money. I bought a 8654-8i to 2x 8611 cable (36€)and a 8611 to pcie x16 (x4) board (26€)...
  13. jnrnbt.

The power adapter is lowkey technically, but as i dont know how i could buy one of those 4p plugs i ordered the adapter with the board. The shop has a howto for the adapter, https://files.ram-koenig.de/information/649/power-guide_de.pdf The sl-sas should be Slim SAS (SFF-8654). Now i´m a bit...
  14. jnrnbt.

Hey folks, just got one of this boards today from ebay, bought it with the ATX Adapter from that same ebay shop. I´m trying to get this thing to work as an replacement for a broken Xeon D-1520 Server. For my first test, BMC Update worked as intended like SadoKitten said. RAID, like Gigabyte...