Recent content by jkmelbs

1. J

ASUS Z10PA-D8 - Dual Socket 2011-3

Oh I had the same behaviour on another x99 board. It was ram incompatibility the fans would start up, the cpu would heat up, but it never reached post.
  2. J

It looks more solid and has 16 ram slots but It’s nearly x3 what the asus cost me..
  3. J

Lol I was meant to go buy 2nd hand dri tomorrow but I’ll call that off of now it takes ages, but it makes the normal booting pc noises and the lcd shows all the various stages does anything different happen with no ram or no cpu? Just the mobo atx power connected?
  4. J

Nothing spins up? I didn’t have anything on the lcd either just the standby and heartbeat led blinking my fans would start then everything shut off instantly i took a look at the error log in the bios...lots of temp errors over the years. I think these have had a very hard life and I’m kinda...
  5. J

@knorps here you go setup e5-2600v3 cpu in slot 1 1x8 ddr4 ram stick in B1 (i switched it from A1 w/o it making any difference when i was testing but now its under the cpu cooler so cant get to it) nvidia m2000 in pcie5 what i did. Nothing made any difference until i turned off DIMMTRIP1...
  6. J

i thought mine was defective (no post), but i went thru the manual and toggled every jumper in turn, especially where it was set to the non-default selection according to the manual. It's always good to reset everything back to default when you get a used mobo especially when you dont get it as...