Recent content by jeffshead

1. J

SOLVED: Help with installation of MSM (17.05.06.00_MSM_Windows) - Java issues

Keep looking :-) LSA can send email alerts. LSA takes a little getting used to but I consider not relying on Java a bonus.
  2. J

SOLVED: Help with installation of MSM (17.05.06.00_MSM_Windows) - Java issues

I've been a long-time user of MSM but I haven't used it it a while since shelving all of my boxes with LSI 9260-8i's. I decided to repurpose one of my boxes but I could not get MSM to discover the server (self). I followed the instructions in the "readMe" and in this thread but just like...
  3. J

IBM ServeRAID M5014 / LSI MegaRAID 9260-8i replacement for VMware ESXi 7

Rowan, Thanks for sharing! I have an old ESXi 6.5 install with a M5015 flashed to 9260-8i that I'd like to upgrade to ESXi 7. I'm not running the vCenter Server. Do you know if all of the ESXi sensors and MegaRaid Manager software fully work with the 9361-8i? With my current ESXi 6.5 server...
  4. J

IBM M5015 - Battery issue

Thanks... I'll keep my eye on ebay for that card. I remember looking for that same model but used ones at a good price with capacitor are scarce.
  5. J

IBM M5015 - Battery issue

I have three re-purposed PC's that all have IBM M5015 RAID controllers which I've cross-flashed with Sun LSI 9260-8i firmware. Two are esxi servers and one is being used as a physical backup server with Veeam. I see that the battery relearn cycles are happening several times a month even though...
  6. J

[SOLVED] MegaRAID - How to identify bad drive

Thanks for the info. Luckily, my cables are labeled so they do match the slot number listed in MSM. I also learned MSM lists the serial number of the drives as well. That's how I actually identified the drive.
  7. J

Please elaborate. How do I scan the drives with Hard Disk Sentinel? It's an esxi box. Do I install Hard Disk Sentinel on one of the VM's? I don't think that will work since none of the VM's access the RAID array directly.
  8. J

I have an IBM 5015 which has been crossed flashed to LSI 9260-8i. It is installed in a re-purposed PC that is now being used as an esxi server in a home lab. I have four SATA drives configured in RAID10. I encounter disc latency issues and the following errors in MSM: 110 [Information, 0]...