Recent content by JC Connell

1. J

Looking for a good value, enterprise SSD. HP S3700 a good option?

My goal is really to answer two questions with this thread: - Is there a better deal for a similarly sized enterprise grade SSD? - What SMART information will I lose by choosing the HP S3700 / is it worth it?
  2. J

I purchased the Toshiba SSDs from this link a few years back: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/toshiba-enterprise-ssd-refurb-960-400-and-200-tb.10691/
  3. J

I have an identical Thinkpad running two Toshiba enterprise SSDs without an issue for about 2 years now. Possible that the Toshiba's require less power or the Thinkpad is an exception?
  4. J

I've repurposed an old Thinkpad laptop as a home server for a few non-essential services like Plex. I'm noticing consistently high IO-delay so I'm looking to replace the consumer grade SSD boot drive. There are some HP branded S3700 drives available on Ebay for what I think is a pretty good...
  5. J

How to price my FS items?

I hesitate on shipping only because I fear damage but I'll definitely change my tune if it's going to make the process easier. I'm seeing $200 for the case, and about $400 for the Motherboard, CPU, RAM combo. Would it be reasonable to ask $700 for all of it?
  6. J

How to price my FS items?

I'll be moving soon and my server can't come with me. I'm looking to sell what I've got, but since I haven't stayed up on pricing I'm not sure how much it's worth. Here's what I've got: - Intel P4000 4U server chassis w/ 2x 750w power supplies (P4308XXMHGR) - Intel S2600CP Motherboard w/ Dual...
  7. J

Proxmox + OwnCloud

I still have an instance of Owncloud running but I'm using Nextcloud pretty much exclusively at this point. I used OnlyOffice rather than Collabora and it was considerably easier to setup. Here's a link to some install info: Installing Document Server for Linux on Debian, Ubuntu and derivatives...
  8. J

Proxmox + OwnCloud

I've created a KVM running Alpine Linux, install Docker and Apache2 and have setup the Collabora/Code Docker image. Getting this far wasn't very difficult. Now I'm almost the same situation as you- Nextcloud runs in an LXC container on Ubuntu 16.04, Collabora runs in a separate KVM on Alpine...
  9. J

Proxmox + OwnCloud

I've got Nextcloud setup in an LXC container and I've moved on to trying to install collabora but without much success. Has anyone else had success getting Collabora going?
  10. J

[eBay] $15 off $75+ (Code will be live at 5PM EST/2PM PST)

I need to replace a failing 1TB HDD I use for backups. Any suggestions that I could pick that that take advantage of this coupon? Could also make the switch to a larger drive. 2.5 or 3.5 are both acceptable.
  11. J

FS: Avocent DSR2030, CCM1650, Belkin Rackmount KVM, DLA3000RM2U - Used

Bump. Looking to get these things gone. Make offers!
  12. J

Proxmox High IO Delay - Low Fsync. What's wrong?

I saw a very significant improvement!!! IODelay is no longer a concern for me. I'm currently running both Toshiba's in a RAID 0 configuration but the difference in FSYNC between a RAID 0 and a RAID 1 was very small ( < 200 ). Currently at 2196.62 for FSYNC on the VM vdev.
  13. J

Can't migrate VMs in clustered ProxMox

A ProxMox dev was kind enough to send me some help on their forums. I was able to achieve the desired result by naming both pools the same thing. The names aren't as descriptive of the pools now (A trick I picked up from a tutorial here at STH), but it works. Live migration of LXC is not...
  14. J

FS: Avocent DSR2030, CCM1650, Belkin Rackmount KVM, DLA3000RM2U - Used

Bump. Added lots of parts. All still available.