Recent content by JayRandom

1. J

NEW HP T640 Thin Client Ryzen R1505G 4GB 16GF - NO KB/MOUSE, NO OS INSTALLED - $109

Has anyone else had cooling problems with the NVME slot in particular? I have a pair sitting in a closet on a rack shelf, and I ended up taking off the top covers and running an 120mm fan at the side of the shelf. Before that, I was seeing 70+C on the NVME and CPU temperature sensors at...
  2. J

4TB PCIe SSD $150 - Good deal or waste of money? Manufacturer: RazorBack?

I can only confirm that Quartermaster is likely correct, and these are unlikely to work without substantial reverse engineering and custom firmware / software support.
  3. J

(US) 90 dollar Wyse 5070 Thin client/mini-server?

If nothing else, it might drive down the eBay prices. I don't need another right now, but there's a J5005/8gb RAM/64gb SSD (not eMMC) for $121 that feels like a sweet spot if you add USB external drives for additional storage.
  4. J

Ugh, this is what happens when I speak from memory rather than opening things up. I was thinking of my 5060s that were an earlier iteration. For those, this was a solid write-up. For the 5070s, I ordered a SATA m.2 drive instead. Since I was only using it for boot / container image storage...
  5. J

I've been using a pair of non-extended 5070s as two of my three-node ceph cluster (the third is a T640). I've jury-triggered a single internal 2.5" SSD for the boot disk, and a portable USB 3TB hard drive for the ceph drive (because I wanted cheap storage that didn't need an extra power supply...