Recent content by Jason Antes

1. J

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

For those wondering about 2.5Gb connectivity, I recently bought 2 FS.com Intel coded 10GbaseT transceivers to use with my 6610. 1 works and the other does not (due to the branding encoding being botched). At any rate, the one that does work connects in as 10Gb and allows my desktop to connect...
  2. J

ARISTA DCS-7050SX-64 R going for US$125.00 | EBay

I need a 25Gb one to use all these Arista SFP's I have laying around. /sigh If I didn't already have a 6610 I'd have jumped on it.
  3. J

[FS - MN] Arista 25Gb SFP+

Last bump before I send them to ebay.
  4. J

The only place I use jumbo frames is with storage, generally FCIP doing replication traffic out of an FC network. Not something I've had to deal with much for years though since many storage arrays that I've dealt with more recently have ethernet ports for replication. Some of them strongly...
  5. J

VLANs with Ruckus APs, ICX6610, OPNSense

I don't think you need to deal with dual-mode if you have 1 VLAN for the AP and you want to have the management IP in that VLAN. Having multiple VLAN's on the AP I think you need to have 1 of them have the port dual-mode on that port so it can get a DHCP address on the VLAN you want vs one of...
  6. J

VLANs with Ruckus APs, ICX6610, OPNSense

I've done something similar with OPNSense, 6610, and Ubiquiti AP's. Yeah, just add the VLAN's to the ports of the AP's. In my case, 1/1/48 is my AP and 1/3/7 and 1/3/8 are my interfaces to OPNSense.
  7. J

I am open to offers.
  8. J

I have 20x Arista SFP-25G-SR that I bought but I never wound up using them. P/N: XVR-10083-20. Brand new, never opened or inserted into a switch. Just trying to recoup some of the money spent on them. $50 each shipped within US. Shipping discount if buying multiple. Buy them all for 15%...
  9. J

Post the output of show license. It'll help with questions like that. Of course the switch needs to have the appropriate licenses for it to work.
  10. J

Can I attach a 10GBase-LR to QSFP-40G-LR4 (CWDM)?

In a home, not sure why you'd need LR optics in the first place unless you were given them. I suppose I should have read a little closer that they were SMF LR optics. The do make SMF breakout cables and cassettes though, but the switch and optics would need to support it for it to work.
  11. J

Can I attach a 10GBase-LR to QSFP-40G-LR4 (CWDM)?

You can. Use option #3 from Prophes0r. The break out box goes to LC which you can then run anywhere you want it to go within the limitations of the QSFP/SFP+. Did this with an Arista 40GbE QSFP switch to a 10GbE Mellanox SFP+ switch that was about 50 meters away in a secured "EMP" box within...
  12. J

Go on, admit it, who here is already running at 200Gbe??

I just wound up with about 40 25Gb SFP+'s so I am perusing for a 25Gb switch to go with them. 200 would be fun but severely out of my budget! :)
  13. J

VDX 6740T firmware?

Here is what I have for the VDX firmware. VDX Firmware
  14. J

Brocade VDX 6740

I do not. I wouldn't mind having it though.
  15. J

My switch has the port exhaust fans and I have a plenum for it to get fresh air from the front to the switch.