Recent content by Janiashvili

1. J

Huge CPU Die temps on Epyc Rome in H11DSI motherboard

Hello, I have one SuperMicro H11DSI Epyc 7282 server with Win OS and checked HWInfo out of quriosity, it shows huge temps on CPU Die, but otherwise very normal temps in every other sensor that I'm aware of Is this normal or should I be worried about it? Is it one of those SuperMicro's things to...
  2. J

[WTB] Supermicro CSE-847 4U Chassis w/ SAS2 or SAS3 backplane

So is one 4U chassis still for sale or sold?
  3. J

Inventec B601GA2. Cheap Dual 2011-3 with OCP slots

Hello, Resurrecting this old thread, I solved PCIe (Video Card) mystery at least on v3 DDR3 board but I have a question: BIOS is slow to render, changing pages, loading text takes time, navigation in general, isn't instant Changing subjects seems to be okay speed when nothing is to load on...
  4. J

EU 16GB 2400u - 32,- WHY YOU NO BUY?

Would you sell 2678v3 separately? Interested in buying one if price is low
  5. J

ES Xeon Discussion

They don't mention 1.35v speeds (motherboard manuals if I understand it correctly note max speed of 1333 mhz for PC3L/1.35v DIMMs) Oh, I just noticed this is a ES Xeon Discussion board, not General Xeon Discussion
  6. J

ES Xeon Discussion

Hey, a quick question: Can E5 v1-v2 run 1600MHz 1.35v RDIMMs at full speed?
  7. J

LSI WarpDrive Sun Oracle F80 800GB PCI-E SSD $95 FS

Hi, I've never used these. Are these a standard SSDs? I.e. will they show up in the file explorer as a drive? Will be able to install an OS (Windows) on it? Because this seems pretty interesting thing...
  8. J

Potential Deal: 2 x Dual 2011 nodes @$199, Quanta Openrack

CPUs get to 70 degrees within 10 minutes of 100% load, I meant they get higher shortly after. I see a lot of jumpers on the midpane, maybe they need to be set differently?
  9. J

Well, one board died on me while not worrying so. By the way manual of a standard commercial Quanta systems had max 130 TDP, while Windmill V2 is 115. So that might be the thing you saw.
  10. J

CPUs run at 70 degree Celsius just after ten minutes of 100% load (unless ambient temperature is 15 degrees); heatsinks get hot, and the pulled air is really warm too, but fans operate at the lowest speeds (slightly faster when system gets heated), I know this, because once I pulled out one fan...
  11. J

Hi, Can anybody help me with the backplane fans? My fans never reach its full speed despite CPUs overheating while barely being under full load. I see some jumpers on the backplane, some even mention fans... There should be a way to make fans more agressive, or to set on manual control... Does...
  12. J

Open Compute WindMill v2 Motherboard

Hi, Can anybody help me with the backplane fans? My fans never reach its full speed despite CPUs overheating while barely being under full load. I see some jumpers on the backplane, some even mention fans... There should be a way to make fans more agressive, or to set on manual control... Does...
  13. J

Buying & Upgrading used workstations - first questions

This is for your Quanta: QUANTA PCIE RAISER CARD FOR QUANTA WINDMILL SYSTEM | eBay SLI-ing is not something I'd recommend, it's being massively dropped out in modern games, now true multi-GPUs are used in modern APIs (ashes of the singularity is an example) But you'd better forget Windows 10...
  14. J

You can Google and find an answer within seconds. DIMMs per CPU; I do believe you can mismatch but probably you'll loose quad channel; pairs on quad channel makes no sense. You could literary find an answer on Google within seconds. I use motherboard's FDD power to molex and handmade molex to...
  15. J

Yes, it does support 1 CPU config, I think it does support anything in if it's PCIe x16 slot as long as card gets enough power, and I really doubt this PCIe slot provides full power as it should and as it does on desktop; Windmill does support Win 7, I think 8 and 8.1 too (some other open...