Recent content by jamesy_1988

1. J

Cooling for server rack in garage

Can you use flexible air conditioning ducting between the top of rack fans and the garage extraction fan? Provided it isn't a long run, you should be able to remove the hottest air out of the garage/server rack. It mightn't completely solve the problem, but it will reduce the rate of heat...
  2. J

STH Aeon Mining Pool Beta Access

I have eight dual socket X5670 machines that I would like to put to use whilst not algo trading. Can I join please?
  3. J

Blue Sky Mining Cluster

Thanks RBE! Appreciate the share!
  4. J

Blue Sky Mining Cluster

Awesome work. Can't wait to see the end system Any chance you would be willing to share the design of the cable combs?
  5. J

Project GDC (Garage Data Center)

Sure. The basic setup is that there are two extraction fans that suck the hot air out of back of the rack and vent it outside. Cold air is drawn from the house, into the garage and then through the bottom front of the rack. We have tiled and concrete floors so the system is designed to suck as...
  6. J

@briandm81 please share some photos of the build/finished project
  7. J

The most efficient configuration of the AC system depends on the temperature you intend to keep the cold aisle at vs the garage temperature. As the garage temperature approaches the cold aisle temperature, it is best to pull in cold air from the garage and vent all the hot air (first picture)...
  8. J

Positioning the cold air vents as low as possible will typically draw in colder air; especially if your garage has a concrete floor. Help keep down the AC running costs. Might be worth considering having fans on the inlet as well to provide air flow redundancy in the event that the hot aisle fan...
  9. J

Wireless (WiFi) Access Point Rec?

I use a Ubiquiti UAP AC Lite and it has been a dream for the past year