Recent content by jackfrost

1. J

Lenovo Thinkcentre/ThinkStation Tiny (Project TinyMiniMicro) Reference Thread

Just out of curiosity, has anyone tried using an Intel CC150 CPU in a m720q/m920q/m920x ?
  2. J

If you're only going to use it for AV1 transcoding, you probably don't even need resizeable bar enabled... I think I remember reading somewhere that it's only a minor performance loss in that use case.
  3. J

Yes, I've removed the antenna bracket to make them fit in mine. 167mm (aka 6.60 inch) is kind of the "standard" for HHHL (half height half length) cards, which is why basically everything is 167mm. Do shorter cards exist? Yes. They will be much more rare and more expensive. If you really...
  4. J

1) a lot. I personally have one with an LSI 9280-8e, and another with an Areca ARC-1882X (with optional management port daughterboard removed to make it half height). 2) You can definitely break off the perforated section on that board to make it shorter... I didn't check the dimensions...
  5. J

There is no options in the bios to enable resizable bar or above 4g decoding. To enable above 4G you need to use the setup_var method. ---The offset to enable Above 4G on my m720q using the latest bios was at offset 0xA49. To flash the modified bios for ReBarUEFI, you'll need an external tool...
  6. J

Yeah, I guessed that (since Gen 3 is usually 12th gen), but I'm making an assumption that the 12th gen and 13th/14th gen naming convention for that part is the same, given the other similarities etc... the documentation for 12th gen isn't as clear as the 13th/14th: PCI Express* Support - 010 -...
  7. J

So this is good news (hopefully) because from what I can tell the intel PEG10 is the CPU pcie controller (new name for newer cpus I guess): PCI Express* Support - 008 - ID:743844 | 13th Generation Intel® Core™ and Intel® Core™ 14th Generation Processors Thanks for checking for me!
  8. J

I'm consider getting a M90q G3 because of it's pcie 4.0 slot to use with a (modded) a2000. However, I'm still trying to determine if the G3 is also limited to the x4 PCH lanes... can anyone with a G3 confirm or deny that the pcie slot is wired to the PCH on the G3? Maybe using (although this...
  9. J

HP Branded 400GB SSD for $20 +S/H

I dunno, adata drives are pretty cheap: XPG SX6000 Lite M.2 2280 512GB PCIe NVMe Gen3x4 Internal Solid State Drive SSD 842243018172 | eBay XPG SX6000 Lite M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe Gen3x4 Internal Solid State Drive SSD 842243018189 | eBay I mean, 2/3rds off SEEMS like a scam, but on the other...
  10. J

(Update 04-25) DFI DT122 (AMD RX-427BB) Industrial ITX T730-a-like; $99 shipped w/ 8GB

Yes, other devices will use some memory, but you can't do anything about that. I've actually found that you can make the box a lot quieter using the built-in fans if you enable the automatic fan tuning and set the CPU target as 60c. I'm still planning on replacing the fans, haven't gotten...
  11. J

(Update 04-25) DFI DT122 (AMD RX-427BB) Industrial ITX T730-a-like; $99 shipped w/ 8GB

Have you checked to see if the setting actually takes effect? When I set 1.35v in the bios, my ram still shows that it's running at 1.5v: Minimum Voltage: 1.35 V Maximum Voltage: 1.5 V Configured Voltage: 1.5 V
  12. J

It's reserved ram (probably for the GPU), normally you can change the value somewhere in the BIOS. Haven't checked to see if you can change the value on these but regardless you won't be able to set it at 0. Checking the manual, looks like you can set it to only use 32mb of reserved ram:
  13. J

It should, I'm using 2x 16gb Micron sticks: Handle 0x003F, DMI type 17, 40 bytes Memory Device Array Handle: 0x003D Error Information Handle: Not Provided Total Width: 64 bits Data Width: 64 bits Size: 16384 MB Form Factor: SODIMM Set...
  14. J

You might be able to do that with up or down angled sata power cables like: If you mount the drives bottom to bottom or top to top so that each power connector runs over the data connection of the other drive, then use the silverstone angled data cables to run out the side.