Recent content by iZohanX

1. I

$5 Intel 100G CWDM4 QSFP28

I hate this forum lol Not only do I not need 100GbE optics.... I don't even have optics or cards that support it... (let alone a switch) And yet I just grabbed 10 of these.... That's not even the reason I logged into STH... I was looking for some info on low-cost Epyc servers/processors for a...
  2. I

Wireless Country Codes & WiFi 6E / 6Ghz bands

Sorry for not being more specific, I am using windows 11. Not sure of the specific release but I believe 22h2 (?). We have already tried the 22.45.1.1 driver and various other driver/os variations (unfortunately, can't try it on Linux with the system I have running there) I'm looking for a...
  3. I

Wireless Country Codes & WiFi 6E / 6Ghz bands

Hi folks, The TL;DR being: Is there a way to manually set the Wireless Country Code on a WLAN nic on a PC? How about on an android phone? Long and possibly boring explanations: I've recently started a job in a company that produces gateways for ISPs We're currently working on a line of...
  4. I

Connecting 6610 uplink port to router

+1 on what LodeRunner said. In my experience, you need to set the duplex speed manually to 10G on that port, and of course make sure that it is licensed for 10G. Cause me quite the embarrassment some time ago, I had tried to connect a new service to my 6610's and both of them didn't recognize...
  5. I

Noob with a new ConnectX-4 -- transceiver to 1GbE question

This should work fine if I recall correctly. About a year ago I was reading up on whether SFP28/SFP are backwards compatible. The conclusion is that you can plug SFP transceivers into SFP28 sockets (i.e NICs) but not the other way around, as an SFP28 cable/transceiver can't communicate with a...
  6. I

Proxmox on a server with SFP - not working - compatibility issue?

It could be a problem with link-speed negotiation. Make sure the link is set to the same speed at both ends. I've had a problem with an SFP+ module that could only do 10g and couldn't "fallback" to 1gig - took me the good part of a day to have that sorted and figured out (never before had I...
  7. I

4-port 2.5Gbe PCI-E card?

I do already have a Realtek RTL8125 based card in my system - single port though. It's running flawlessly for about 5 months now. My only gripe with it is the setup process with pfSense, since the kernel module that comes with pfSense (even the "updated" 2.6 version of pfSense) doesn't support...
  8. I

The goal is to ingress 3 different WAN connections. If I am to achieve this via a switch, I would need to add untagged VLANs to the ingress ports and hand them over to pfSense via a trunk. I've had a similar setup but with a few 1Gb/3Gb SFP/SFP+ connections. Now that you've mentioned that...
  9. I

That is actually... exactly what I'm looking for but... didn't that come out before the v3 chipset? Can anyone confirm whether or not it's the newer chipset? I was actually not aware of that revision. This could technically work but... for that price I could buy an entire extra server and fit...
  10. I

Does a similar version exist with an Intel Chipset?
  11. I

Hey there good folks! I was looking around but I couldn't seem to find a proper solution that fits my needs... I'm looking to get a 4 port 2.5GbE card, preferably with an i225v3 chipset. I'm aware of the pre-built cool little 4 port box from Aliexpress/Amazon that Patrick had reviewed (even...
  12. I

10Gb/40Gb upgrade considerations - advice wanted

I went ahead and got myself a couple of Connectx-3 FDR cards (should be capable of 40gig Ethernet from what I read). Hoping that installing and configurations go smoothly Thanks for the advice
  13. I

Cost effective 40Gbe and 10Gbe - Brocade ICX6610 to FreeBSD, VMWare ESXi, and Windows

I'm eyeing out a few MCX354A-QCBT cards myself for a similar setup to what you're running. If you don't mind, can I probe you for some questions? (these might be "noob" questions, but I'd sound stupid and be sure than make a huge mistake). Is it possible to flash the firmware of the cards on a...
  14. I

10Gb/40Gb upgrade considerations - advice wanted

Hi folks, I'm about to have my incoming WAN connection from my ISP upgraded to a 3Gb plan. The connection will be provided via SFP+ module into a router/switch of my choice My current plan is a 1Gb plan, coming in via SFP into a Ruckus ICX 7150 -> ESXi host -> pfSense The ESXi host specs are...
  15. I

Looking to build a small-ish pfSense-box

Thank you all for the suggestions. I've done some eBaying around and it seems that I've run into somewhat of a problem. The netscaler/wanscaler looks to be a really nifty little box but the cheapest I've found it on ebay (for me at least) is for about 180$ shipped (I assume since I am from...