Recent content by ItsValium

1. I

EXPIRED Mellanox SX6036 36ports QSFP €150

I just bought two of these switches, and am looking to enable ethernet and/or 56gbe license on them. Seems like it used to be explained here somewhere but can't seem to find how to do it. Can anyone point me in the right direction? That would be awesome!
  2. I

Desperate search for Arista EOS firmware

All, I recently acquired a couple of Arista DCS-7124S-R switches and have been playing with them for the last couple of days. Full reset and stuff works, the most recent image on the two switches was EOS-4.8.1 so I backed that up before resetting. However when looking online the last firmware...
  3. I

Intel SSD 750 ESXi Passthrough?

Regarding the pass through of nvme to a freenas guest and initialising a pool. You have to take into account the setting of zfs.vdev.trim_on_init By default when adding the drive it will trim the entire thing and that makes it lock up for a long time. If you set the tunable to disabled it will...
  4. I

Mellanox SX6012 - infiniband networking advice/checkup

Hello all, New user, long time reader. This is a bit of a mixed topic about more than just networking but mostly it fits, if I'm wrong, please move it to the appropriate section. I got my hands on two Mellanox SX6012 switches and a couple of ConnectX-2 VPI cards and I am looking for a couple...