Recent content by itronin

1. I

[WTB][US-FL] Supermicro X10SRL-F Board ($~150ish)

shooting you a PM I have an X10SRL-F with an e5-2678v3 cpu that I was going to list next week when I am back at the office. However it will be more than $150 for the combo and you are correct, I don't need a half dozen. Just 4+1 :-).
  2. I

Dual Xeon-D

You can always try lower and not use the code. I'm a big believer in not trying to squeeze the absolute last penny out of someone and being fair. My calculus is if the board is $230 shipped, you get two nodes, so 1 cpu, motherboard bits, and dual 10Gbe is actually $115.00 dunno about you...
  3. I

Dual Xeon-D

Best offer is $275CAD per board.
  4. I

Dual Xeon-D

Montreal Computers dropped me a note this morning to thank me for some feedback I left and to let me know there were more dual node 1541 boards in stock. I asked whether these boards were in better condition than the last lot they sold and they said the last lot was damaged in transport and...
  5. I

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Doing my part to extend the thread count. So let's play the guessing game: * Did the guinea pigs running the wheel on the eternal license making forge die? Or did you develop a fondness for Peruvian cuisine * You've transferred the guinea pigs and eternal license making forge to @infoMatt *...
  6. I

How to reformat HDD & SSD to 512B Sector Size

you may want to take a look at this thread and especially the last few posts. The drive model number smells suspiciously of Hitachi VSP'ness. The symptoms you describe are consistent with trying to reuse a drive loaded with VSP firmware.
  7. I

Dual v2 Server Build Questions/Advice sought

I like that implementation. handy dandy small and inexpensive!
  8. I

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I don't know about "everyone" but the very first post in this thread towards the bottom has a recommendation for an OEM HPE ethernet/IB card that can be flashed to stock Mellanox ConnectX 3 40Gbe. I have two in use and they work great and were inexpensive. I can verify the card works in...
  9. I

Dual v2 Server Build Questions/Advice sought

x16 adapter? which adapter did you get? Is it by chance a quad m.2 nvme? If it is non-plx based your motherboard will have to support PCIe bifurcation and you'll need an x16 slot or at a minimum an open-ended x8. I'm going to guess non plx. With an open ended x8 you'll need to figure out...
  10. I

eBay: Brocade ICX7150-C12P (fanless 12x1GbE copper 2x10GbE SFP+) - $180 BO + $10 shipping

I offered $165.00 and either was behind in the queue or they took a higher offer.
  11. I

Dual Xeon-D

I've been looking too, also OCP to x8 or x16 (physical). m.2 to x16 so just providing this for completeness (and something similar was referenced previously)...
  12. I

Dual Xeon-D

Panel1 appears to physically conform to the standard Asrock pin-out: Operationally: Power LED works as expected. Power button doesn't seem to do anything as my boards power up when power is applied. HDLED I have not observed working - doesn't mean it doesn't just that I wasn't looking when...
  13. I

INTEL XEON E5-2660V3 2.60GHz 10 CORES SR1XR 78.50

This listing is OBO and I've had good luck with this seller. Generally does not accept low ball offers but you might try in the 71-73 range to see if they bite.