Recent content by itronin

1. I

HGST HSH721414AL42M0 14TB SAS 4Kn $88 or less

good gosh! edit big pass on SMR
  2. I

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

"As it has always been, so shall it ever be..." Jerry B Jenkins
  3. I

perhaps. maybe I could have just said: AXN switches and AP's are just brocade and ruckus, marked up and bundled with support from fancy schmancy resellers and sold to wealthy folks who can afford it. But in all honesty as I think you've seen before I do tend to pontificate from time to time...
  4. I

no difference other than the badge, sticker, and chassis color. commscope/ruckus/brocade makes the ANX-7150 for Access Networks. The gear is actually more expensive than your typical brocade 7150 from the disty channels, same is true for the AP's and other switches too. Switches and AP's look...
  5. I

Looking for a case for the Supermicro X9DRi-LN4F+ (SC836BA-R920B)

that is not a bad deal for a medium capacity LFF barebones with the rear 2.5 in an 836 no less.
  6. I

mounting options - CSE-PTJBOD-CB2

my recollection on the big holes is that those were a hold over to when the CPU heatsinks got mounted through to the chassis rather than the motherboard and SM elected to dual purpose those holes. Should be 8 of them roughly in line across the front of the motherboard. I salvaged those...
  7. I

Drive cages

me too. Chieftec Dragon. Mine are in my basement - mis and full - unused for the time being.
  8. I

If you want a ring stack then two pairs of LC to LC. If you want your future self to thank you then run OS2 / single mode. I try to run at least 1 more pair than I think I will need (depending on space / budget). USB A USB C
  9. I

First Truenas Core build, suggestions needed!

haha. Lots of differing opinions on things. Also might have been some FUD thrown in above (the death of CORE is being hyped by some, but that was not how I read things ) - whoops I digress and don't want to crap on the thread: Scale vs CORE Used to be that the sharing performance of Scale...
  10. I

FS: Cleaning out the closet Intel NUC/RAM/SAS drives

so one module for $150? or 3 modules for $150? or 4 modules for $150? am thinking ya forgot the quantity... How many total do you have to sell?
  11. I

EXPIRED Brocade ICX7250-48P ($105/ea OBO + Reasonable Shipping)

multiple vlans. I'm not sure I understand your second question and this may be better asked as a question in the mega thread since its more of a how do I do XYZ rather than specific to the 7250 deal and the state of the gear received through the deal.
  12. I

EXPIRED Brocade ICX7250-48P ($105/ea OBO + Reasonable Shipping)

mine were packed the same as previously described. I had one ear on one switch slightly tweaked. right sized pliers fixed that in about 5 seconds. Replacing a 6450-48p and stacking with my 7250-24p in my "new to me house" for the "house stack". One switch: inside things (room ports, AP's...
  13. I

DIY enclosure question

There have been instances were some consumer grade motherboards did not work with the supermicro power supplies. you'd have to search the threads here to find which ones have been reported. That said if you can judge the compatibility based on the posting frequency, it is rarely reported. YMMV...
  14. I

(US) Ebay: 400GB SAS HUSMR3240ASS204 HGST 2.5" Server HDD SSD

edit - .5m not 1.5m Indeed! I have some SFF-8087 to SATA breakouts .5m. I tested them on SAS drives - no workie. work fine on SATA drives. Did not work on an HBA - only motherboard SATA (SFF-8087) connections worked with the cable. these cables came with an OEM DATTO like 8 bay chassis...