Recent content by istamov

1. I

SRX300 config help - dual ISP fail over with ISP DHCP client interfaces

I see, it is rather unusual, in this case maybe you can use event-options to change the route tables or execute specific command? SRX Event Options (https://www.reddit.com/r/Juniper/comments/us9rqo/event_options/) Events on an SRX...
  2. I

SRX300 config help - dual ISP fail over with ISP DHCP client interfaces

I think you can use actions based on the ip-monitoring result, i.e. set services ip-monitoring policy Test-ISP1 then preferred-route route 0.0.0.0/0 next-hop ISP2-GW set services ip-monitoring policy Test-ISP2 then preferred-route route 0.0.0.0/0 next-hop ISP1-GW
  3. I

Ruckus ZoneDirector 1200 & Pair Of R610 APs - Upgrading Software

Thanks a lot about this confirmation, I have one ZD1200 at home which showed the same behaviour (two solid green lights) and tried everything I could think of but couldn't find a fix, so I just bought a new (used) one. Do you know of any way to fix it at all, even if it involves dismantling...
  4. I

STP behaviour question

Okay, so I did a quick test setup and it seems to be working. I used 1 SX6036 and 2 Cisco C3750E switches, all having VLAN 222 tagged and connected in between as follows: C3750E-A, Te1/0/1 => C3750E-B, Te1/0/1 SX6036, Eth1/1 => C3750E-A, Te1/0/2 SX6036, Eth1/2 => C3750E-B, Te1/0/2 Here is the...
  5. I

Cisco ONS 15800 (DWDM)

DWDM is a method of transporting multiple "links" over single fiber cable using different wavelengths. Basically you use specific SFP modules, each of which is working on a different wavelength (lambda), then insert all of these signals in a single (simplex or duplex) fiber link using a device...
  6. I

STP behaviour question

Can you try with MSTP on all devices? If I find some time tonight I can try this at home and will report back. Configuration on the SX6036 should be something similar to (according to this archived document): switch (config)# interface ethernet 1/1 switchport mode trunk switch (config)#...
  7. I

EXPIRED Mellanox SX6036 36ports QSFP €150

@Joqur, thank you for the confirmation, CPU load seems to be about the same on your device, so it should be normal behaviour. @hmartin, as others have said, the power consumption is about 40-50 Watts (as reported from the UPS and mostly idle, with 1-2 transceivers connected).
  8. I

I followed the whole upgrade path, unfortunately it did not help with the CPU load that I am seeing (with no connected ports, only the MGMT process is active): switch-xxxxxx [standalone: master] # show version Product name: MLNX-OS Product release: 3.6.8010 Build ID: #1-dev...
  9. I

That is what I did on my first switch (just upload the latest version via web GUI) and it was much, much faster :) It's just that it seems to be running under high CPU load (about 2.5 all the time) and I can't find the reason, so I decided to follow the upgrade procedure for the second one and...
  10. I

If this will help anyone, here is what I did to upgrade the switch (mine came with 3.5.1006) to the latest version (3.6.8008). 1) First you should go to Drivers & Software - HPE Support Center. (under tab "Installation Instructions") and check what should be the correct upgrade path according to...
  11. I

Help with Connectx-3 back-to-back using FS QSFP-BD-40G

According to this post on Mellanox forum, only ConnectX-4 (and above?) supports BiDi optics, as ConnectX-3 provides a maximum of 1.5 Watts. The CX-4 release notes says that "QSFP-40G-SR-BD (Cisco 40GBASE-SR-BiDi, duplex MMF)" is supported, but no mention for single mode optics. Such info is...
  12. I

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Well, you already received information from @arglebargle, I can also confirm these NetApp QSFP SAS cables are working great as a DAC. Just received my switches, flashed and set them up (thank you, @fohdeesha!), then did the tests below. My test topology is: Linux Ubuntu 16.04 Server (Mellanox...
  13. I

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I was also wondering this, so thank you for asking - it made me go find a spare cable and test. For the moment I just tried to loop the two ports of the only 40 GbE device I currently have (Mellanox ConnectX-3 card) with NetApp QSFP-QSFP 2m/6ft SAS cable (P/N: 112-00177) and at least the...
  14. I

Flashing Bios/IPMI with HW flasher

Ahh, yes, sorry about that: 1. In my case it is IPMI bios (the control board is CSE-PTJBOD-CB3 so it is basically IPMI only). There shouldn't be any difference apart from the different ROM image, the chip is the same. 2. I think that it might work with pin2 still connected to the board, but...
  15. I

Flashing Bios/IPMI with HW flasher

While still waiting for the replacement chips to arrive from China I decided to flash my board (either way it is not working, so nothing to lose :) ). You can review the information provided at The technique for Gamesharing on PS4 - G3ar (at least for the hardware connections), for the flash I...