Recent content by infoMatt

1. I

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Why should it be any different if the cloud service is hosted on AWS rather than Linode? Everybody can spn up a EC2 instance on AWS, there aren't many more checks and validations, AFAIK...
  2. I

But applying a rate limit on a VE will affect only the traffic routed by the switch itself, am I right? @gregsachs said that so the gateway is the firewall and not the VE on the switch... sooooo, it isn't going to be policed...
  3. I

Yes... and no... There are some cases where jumbo frames saves the day, say for example on a SDN where you have an overlay made of VXLANs... to enable MTU 1500 inside the virtual LANs, you'll need jumbo enabled on the physical transport network, otherwise the VXLAN overhead will "eat into" the...
  4. I

No, the upgrade will keep your licenses.
  5. I

I don't know if it fits inside the chassis... The EPS1500 has a way beefer PSU inside, and I think it's bigger than the one inside the 24P.
  6. I

Sorry, missed a notification and life got me away from this thread (not worry, not for bad things). Yea... it says... buuut... Mine does this as well, same power usage as another user in this thread. I don't know if it was a typo in the brochure or if the power supply used has changed during...
  7. I

If you put the unit in an environment 5 degrees hotter, its internal temp would also rise by 5°, reaching 70°C, giving you another 30°C or so of thermal headroom. No worries, those are "older" process silicon, they are meant to run "hot". As you've seen, it wouldn't ramp up the fans until 98°C...
  8. I

Those are optimized for high static pressure... they draw a lot of power and make A LOT of noise at full tilt. Watch out for your ears ;) EDIT: actually, it's written on the label of the rear one: 1.82A @12V, or if you prefer ~20ishW EACH!
  9. I

Maybe, but the PoE board by themselves doesn't draw much, maybe you can shave off a couple of watts, but is it worth the effort? I suspect that the major difference is due to the +54V supply rail idle draw than the boards. If there's no PD attached of course, in that case you have to add the...
  10. I

My 6450-24p idles at 33-34W, so take those figures with a grain of salt. The only times it draws 25W is during boot, when the main switching ASIC isn't yet managed. Disabling the unused ports doesn't change the power draw. The -48/-48P version has two switching ASIC, so that explains the...
  11. I

Sorry, I don't have such examples... my 6450 came with rack ears so I haven't searched for those.
  12. I

It would be easier to buy those universal ears and make the holes to align to the switch case than to buy a shelf or lose a unit worth of space due to clearance issues IMHO. ;)
  13. I

I'd not trust a 3d printer rack ear with those kinds of shear loads that the unit applies to them. For the front ones, they are a plain old L shaped stamped steel piece, you can make one with little effort using some steel sheet and a drill to make the holes if you can't find a kit for sale.
  14. I

I am not aware of any part number, but it should be a dual +12/+54V supply, with a bit of soldering and wire work you can adapt any "standard" one. Or you can try to search for any serial number that you can find on the supply block. @fohdeesha: do you know if the supply units for the 6610...
  15. I

You had the opportunity to make the swap and you did the right thing ;) Who cares about the jack? :D Just kidding, mine was just an hypothesis, maybe the real cause was a completely different one...