Recent content by infoMatt

1. I

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Have you plugged in the fiber? Otherwise, it might be normal that the interface is kept down. EDIT: it might need some quirks: hwti/G-010S-A
  2. I

Can you specify the ONT model number? The ones I've seen are basically an OpenWRT-stick packaged inside a SFP module, so as long as it's plugged in it has an interface up; the management interface runs on the native VLAN and the broadband connection is available on one (or more) tagged VLAN...
  3. I

No BGP on the 6450.
  4. I

Yep, use a spare VLAN without a router interface defined on it, use it as the native/untagged VLAN (if your ethernet handoff doesn't require a tagged VLAN, I don't know the details of the FiOS offer) on a port connected to the ISP and as a tagged VLAN on the router-on-a-stick ;)
  5. I

That's strange, unless your meter is measuring the apparent power... at low load I've seen that the PSU has a slightly poor power factor; mine draws around 30-35W of real power (ie. the one that the power company bills the user for, at least for domestic usage here in Italy) at idle w/o anything...
  6. I

Remove "route-only" from your configuration. http://docs.ruckuswireless.com/fastiron/08.0.50/fastiron-08050-commandref/GUID-D1A2B680-D9F4-4672-8C1B-072290462513.html
  7. I

Because its configuration GUI won't let you configure DHCP scopes outside the networks that the firewall manages. Technically the daemons underneath can do it, but there's no way to configure them accordingly; it's pretty easy however to install a small linux box with a DHCP server and...
  8. I

Stack 'em using two other ports. If memory serves me, you'll have to use two (or more) ports at the front, you can't use two of the 40G breakout.
  9. I

But it will impact the projected battery lifespan in the event of a blackout. Or if someone thinks that "there's plenty of power available" and proceeds to connect other things to the UPS it could cause an overload when the mains will go effectively out, causing a cascade failure also of the...
  10. I

Have you checked the routes, both in the L3 switch and in the clients?
  11. I

IIRC the switch itself doesn't allow you to edit a single interface of a LAG. To apply VLANs or other settings to a LAG you have to apply those on the "master" or primary interface of the bond.
  12. I

I've read 27.5dB, but this can be misleading as the switch keeps the fan at ~40% of the rated voltage at speed 1, and they are inside an enclosure. I can say that there's an apreciabile difference between those and the stock Foxconn, but I don't have any measurement, sorry. And I can tell you...
  13. I

I don't think those are the best choice. Why are you looking at the 40x10mm? Those can't provide a great static pressure, and there isn't any space constraints inside the case (the original are 28mm deep). Try looking inside this thread, there are some suggestions. I've bought two Sunon Maglev...
  14. I

Those are waaaaaaay underpowered and too thin to actually move any appreciable amount of air through the chassis. Avoid those, as it basically equate to running the unit fanless.
  15. I

Look at the first page. If you don't have any licence on it, only two ports can be set at 10G, the other two works only at 1G (and you have to set up for that, if you leave the ports configured for 10G they go into an ERR-DISABLED state). SFP/SFP+ ports do not auto-negotiate the speed. Try to...