Recent content by Infected1

1. I

Pentium Gold 8505 based Router

Thats great man! And yeah that really was fast. so the Bermuda Triangle was obviously avoided by them with grace I suppose. Sub 40W is still acceptable. Can you check idle temps and consumption? And maybe also benchmark it a few times in a row to check scores and if it will throttle. Also, maybe...
  2. I

Yeah... I agree that is very misleading. Its like rating a Porsche as an economic car and in all your tests driving at 40 Km/h... for sure its gonna use less gas then, hence the low TDP for the N6000 like you said. But that's not its average intended use. And you explained it well... it makes...
  3. I

That is an amazingly well written answer. Thank you! Even I, who have just done some basic hobby overclocking with only1 CPU (i9 9900k) before this, understood most of that. I wonder tho... Lets say we were in the same position with the N6000 as we are with the 8505, based on the intel spec...
  4. I

I see. But I still hope the BIOS allows to set the power to like 9999 so that its not restricted if we wanted it to, given that we put a fan and other ventilation. Thats interesting. Are you speaking from experience? Because if that is the case then what is their TDP UP at 55W based on...
  5. I

I get that but it should be up to the consumer. So they could BIOS limit it because of passive cooling, but atleast dont lock it so if someone wants to add alternative cooling solutions, they could do that to get the full potential IF power consumption is acceptable. I do hope yours perform well...
  6. I

Cool... do let me know when it gets there. About the BIOS limit... why would they do that? Just to save on a slightly cheaper PSU? Sounds crazy given the other CPUs they got there with similar power consumption profile but with more cores/threads ect... if they BIOS limit them, that would...
  7. I

that would be really cool and nice of you ! do you know when you expect it to arrive? did you get DHL shipping? I assume you have a power meter to be able to measure idle/max consumption and temps? Will you be able to open it up to also see the CPU side with the copper pipes? Will you be using...
  8. I

Hey guys, So the Router/Firewall/Network Security/NAS bug got me and come to find out there exist no known vaccines for it so Im not too upset. If it got me it got me. The problem is all the unexpected cost of this whole project and all the new things I had to learn and huge amount I still have...