Recent content by ilmari

1. I

Gigabyte MJ11-EC1 EPYC 3151 Mystery

Not sure if this helps with the original problem, but that iana pen registry stuff is fixable. [SOLVED] - IPMI Tool error after v8 upgrade Scroll down the thread, the first fix is to install newer ipmitool, but it is kinda sketchy. The better fix, provided by LnxBil, is to install the missing file.
  2. I

I set them manually to 1866 when I installed second pair. Didn't even try to run them on auto or any other setting, because 1866 was previously reported to work and I already had my server in 'production'. edit: So now I have four of them which makes 128GB in total. Before installing second...
  3. I

Where did you get those ram modules? I bought two of those same modules from Ebay, and at first only one of the modules was giving ECC errors. I complained to the seller, and he kindly sent me a replacement module. However, while waiting the replacement module to arrive, the other original...
  4. I

At least for me it works without issues. Currently I have only 2 drives connected to 4i and other four directly to the sata connectors, but I did test plugging four drives to 4i and it worked. My cable is from German ebay but looks similar to those available in AliExpress.
  5. I

Thanks for the clarification. I wasn't aware of that. If I was, I would indeed pick that board with standard 6-pin connector and fan header instead of the 16W. But seems like many of us here have done the same mistake, according to the amount of questions about 'pci-e 6-pin connector doesn't...
  6. I

Well the ceacent board is confirmed to work by me and several others. The issue with Ceacent is that you'll need a special Micro-Fit 3.0 molex connector for the power, but otherwise it's good. About the other board you linked, is it designed to work with just one slimsas cable connected?
  7. I

I can confirm this works. Except I'm using Samsung M393A4K40BB2-CTD modules, 4x32GB. I didn't touch the ECC setting though, just adjusted the clocks. I think this is probably described in the DIMM population table in the EC0 manual, but I have no idea how this chart should be read. I am slowly...
  8. I

I'm not an expert, but I think the best option would be using some custom fan controller, like this one and either use an external temp sensor near the disks or make a script which monitors hdd temps from smartctl for example and then controls the fans via that Arduino. Or, if you are lazy like...
  9. I

Does the board have any pins, which could be used for connecting 2-pin temperature sensor?
  10. I

Dunno, but generally in electronics, devices are supplied with connectors which are needed for the device to work properly. If you only connect some of them, the device won't work. As you can see in the post #274, the manufacturer has told that the board needs 12v+3.3v. Also if you look...
  11. I

Yeah, kinda. Although I wouldn't call it sense pin, as it has nothing to do with CPU/GPU connector. Instead, it is called Micro-Fit 3.0. @hmartin gave me great intel about the connector, and perhaps he could share some of his knowledge to you too, as that Ceacent board is becoming more popular...
  12. I

In case you already use an ATX PSU and the adapter supplied by Ram-Konig, you can fetch the needed 12v and 3.3v straight from ATX connector. The GPU and CPU power connectors don't help as they don't provide the needed 3.3v.
  13. I

What kind of PSU are you using if it doesn't have a sata connector? If you have any interest of keeping your data safe and clean, I'd suggest you to use sata connector from PSU to keep voltages stable. Or use m.2 nvme disk and then connect the optional 10Gbit using sff-8654. You'll need a 2x4pin...
  14. I

I also did this yesterday. Got 2 issues. First one was related to the TTL adapter, which refused to work on my Win10 pc. Then I realized that the driver for the adapter (pl2303) is included in linux kernel, and after switcing to my linux laptop I was able to connect. The other issue was more...
  15. I

Thanks. I decided to go with sff-8654 to pcie and ordered the same board and cable you mentioned earlier in this thread. I guess it would be better to utilize the sas port for the gpu and spare the m.2 port for later upgrades (nvme drive, 10G nic or something else). Server hardware is totally...