Recent content by ihelpmathgeeks

1. I

How to tell Dell that Linux OS is loaded and to slow down the fans?

Hello, So I have a few Dell servers that run Debian 11 OS's, and for some annoying reason, the Dell BMC never knows that the OS is loaded, and that the fans can slow down. If I boot any other OS from the same box, they throttle down and respond correctly. Does anybody know how to get Dell...
  2. I

Noob help with ONIE switches

Hello, So I recently got my hands on two Dell z9100-ON switches. I plan to run these in VXD failover mode, but I'm struggling to even get a single interface up. I should mention, I am completely new to SONiC OS (and all NOS's for that matter). I have flashed both switches to Sonic-OS NOS ...
  3. I

Product # for Dell R7525 HDD Blanks?

Hello, I have a set of used R7525's, and I've filled all the hdd's as I need, but I dont have any hdd blanks for the front. I cant seem to find a product code for it (I can only find them for the Rx30 series servers. Can anybody help?
  4. I

Dell Z9100-ON

Sorry to reactivate this thread, but does anybody have the instructions on how to get the Z9100 to install SoNiC, and/or how to setup the http service for onie detection?
  5. I

Leaving VGA cable plugged in during boot, scrambles image....

Hello, So this is a new problem for me. I'm running XCP-NG (Xen based on CentOS) on some Dell R620 servers. I've had a weird problem, where periodically the image after boot would be all messed up (almost like an invalid refresh rate). I then had an opportunity to install Debian 11, and I...
  6. I

Got two Dell Z9100-ON switches, cant access them!

Yup, just ordered a USB to Console cable, and now I'm able to access the port. I still cant get the micro usb port to work though oddly enough.
  7. I

So, after some further digging, buried in one document I found this: USB-B driver NOTE: The Z9100-ON switch uses the Silicon Labs CP2102 USB-B chip. To find the correct USB-B universal asynchronous receiver-transmitter (UART) driver, see Development Tools - Silicon Labs...
  8. I

Hello, So I do not own a serial to DB9/USB cable at all. I do have a micro-USB to USB-A cable, but I cannot seem to get my laptop to see this device, to start a serial connection (using Putty). Is there a trick to get this Dell switch to be seen by my laptop using the USB ports? (i tried...