Recent content by iGene

1. I

[JP yahoo auctions] NOT SPECIFIC DEAL switches, firewalls, etc potentially cheap, shipping from JP unknown

The shipping cost may not be justified given the prices of the items. However, it could be a good deal if you are located in Japan. There are usually many good deals on HPE servers in Japan.
  2. I

Ceph performance/stability issues in Proxmox

PLP is very important for Ceph as it use fsync when writing. Without PLP the write will directly goes to NAND, with consumer drive it's like 600-800 IOPS 4k write. The read write speed in consumer drive datasheet is usually the speed with caching.
  3. I

MxGPU Radeon pro V620

Did you manage to get the driver from AMD?
  4. I

New Intel Optane p4800x 375GB for $160

As far as I know most of them are retired hardware. I will say most of them is authentic, there are some fake stuffs but usually the price is way too low compare to other sellers making them easy to notice.
  5. I

Ampere Altra Q64-22 + AsRock Rack ALTRAD8UD does not POST or power on

Is your RAM model in QVL? My past experience with Ampere processors is that they are very picky with RAM models. Try enabling serial console redirection and see if there's any messages from serial port, there might be more detail error message. You can also try with 1 stick of RAM only, might...
  6. I

$127 Cisco ENCS5412/K9 Xeon-D 1557 (12 core), 32G ram

There's an NIM expansion slot on it, but I couldn't find any information on if C-NIM-1X will work. If it works you can get 10G on it which will make it a better deal.
  7. I

[FS] [JP-Worldwide] Arista DCS-7060CX-32S-R 100GbE

Got an unused Arista 100GbE switch for sale. Pulled from working condition Reset and upgraded to version 4.30.0F. Reverse airflow (back to front) Shipping: Free inside Japan US about 270USD EU about 240USD Please contact me for a quote. Basically I'll ship via EMS from Japan Price: Looking...
  8. I

older enterprise NVMe vs new consumer NVMe

At lease for database I will definitely recommend enterprise drives. fsync is heavy used in database while the performance for consumer drive after enabling fsync is miserable. You can check this blog post from percona for more details...
  9. I

Generation difference between ConnectX-4, 5 and 6 ... when all are the same speed (SFP28)

There's a pretty detailed comparison table by Mellanox https://enterprise-support.nvidia.com/s/article/mellanox-adapters---comparison-table
  10. I

QSPF 100Gb Intel PSM4 to 4x25Gb LC to different computers, switches, etc?

I don't think it's possible to mix speeds in breakout. It's either 4x10G or 4x25G
  11. I

Ceph storage mixed usage

I usually create crush rule for different types of disks (NVMe/SATA SSD/HDD) and based on usage assign pools to different crush rule. Different pools are created for certain applications.
  12. I

Ceph IOPS

3 nodes should be safe enough if you use replica 3 and min_size 2. Adding more nodes will be more beneficial but from your load I would say you probably won't see a difference.
  13. I

Current linux-bench for STH reviews?

https://www.phoronix-test-suite.com/ This might suite your use case but it's probably a lot complicated and take more than 5 mins to run if you ran multiple tests.