Recent content by IApar

1. I

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Thanks! good to know.
  2. I

oh so it doesnt have 10G SFP+ ports ? Need 10G ports so I should skip this one ?
  3. I

Not sure if it was asked. Does anyone know if Brocade 6430-24P is similar to 6450-24P ?. Looks identical with 4x10G SFP ports. Any issues with firmware update or license for this model? Considering this model.
  4. I

[Feedback sought] Enthusiastic NAS build [4.5y usage update 2019-12]

yes I was considering that too but the price of 1220L is like $70 and 1230 is $300 or so. These are E3 xeon that I was looking on ebay. The price difference is huge.
  5. I

Thanks MacLemon for your reply. yes I will check those links, I have read a few of them already. I plan to get an old HBA card LSI SAS3081E-R which I am getting for very cheap really but I think that has 2TB drive limitation and I dont have any drive that is more than 2TB at the moment so I...
  6. I

I have been reading here including this thread as I am also building my first Freenas system and have started acquiring parts. I have mostly 2TB drives so would be going with those. I am still not decided whether to go with Freenas server with hypervisor as I need additional VMs on the box or...