Recent content by iamwardicus

1. I

Anyone done a Brocade 6610 fan mod?

OK - Seems like I'm now good to go. A few things I learned while doing this: I recommend using Polycarbonate and not Acrylic. Easier material to work with in my opinion. Worth the investment. The screw size for the lid is #4 machine screw. I used 1/4" so I didn't have to worry about...
  2. I

So I had it done and on the way to install it on the switch I bumped into a doorway to not step on my doggo. FML.
  3. I

I have the switch up and running with the modified fan tray. For some reason I cannot get the switch to boot unless I have the generator set on pin J2 with both screws fully clockwise and the switch reads about 1350rpm give or take. Any other setting and the switch (via console) says that...
  4. I

Annnnd I was working on my piece getting a starter hole for a fan done and shattered the acrylic :eek: So I'll have to get more and redo everything. fml. I do have a signal generator and 5 way fan power splitter soldered & heatshrinked up using a fan tray so positive progress there. Once I...
  5. I

Update 1: Acrylic is cut and mounted (2nd time was a charm. 1st was a learning experience). Next is an amazon cart that I need to get ordered come next payday. Going to go with the following items: 1x Noctua 200mm fan (800 rpm) (To be centered at the front of the unit) 1x Noctua 120mm fan...
  6. I

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

fohdeesha - Thank you for the guide and all the help you provide for everyone! Got my 6610 switch up and running from a testing perspective. I LOVE the License ID you've setup for us to use XD. Once I get to modding fans so it's at an acceptable volume to have in my living room I'll work on...
  7. I

Got my 6610-24I today. Complete refurb unit so it's in immaculate condition. 2x power supplies, 2x loaded fan trays. LOUD. I have to get a console cable to do the setup still. Provided it's 100% good I think I'll be looking into the following: My current intention is to only use 1 of the...
  8. I

Pre-Purchase Review - 10G upgrades

I'm getting my annual bonus check and looking to have a little fun with my home network. Wanting to get my main devices onto 10G bandwidths (Router to Switch, Switch to main computers). Eventually I'll be setting up a small NAS to backup Steam libraries, phone and photo backups, music...